Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Slang

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Depends on the side of Dublin

South side might be "OMG that bit of nosebag was Gorge"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

When I was a kid there was no particular slang for food that tasted nice.

"Lubbly " was about as slangish as I can remember.

You hear people saying "Savage" quite a bit now in relation to food...or "deadly".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

'delish' would be the most common, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

"Goooo on awayyyy with yaaazzzz"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

This single of chips is as piquant as the gooter of one's matriarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Jaaaasis, dat's bleeeeeeeeedin' rapah

Never heard that used to describe a tasty meal in all honesty. Rapid, or 'rapah' would usually be used when speaking about a fun place/activity. ie: 'done one of them Shannon cruises last weekend,it was (bleedin) rapah'
    For food, gorgeous or (bleedin) lovely would be normal Dublin parlance. (bleedin) massive can be heard from time to time but it's strictly something women would say,and it's not confined to conversations about food. For example,when talking about an attractive man,you might hear a youngone remark to her friend 'yer man over there is (bleedin) massive' or 'I seen a lovely bag/belt/dress in town today,it was massive'
    Northern slang can't be all put in the same category though as it's a big geographical area and has many different colloquialisms.Derry slang would be different to Belfast slang in the same way as Cork slang would differ to Dublins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

As kids if we were enjoyed something really, we'd just say 'Ah, that's Bass!'.
    Even back then advertising messed with childrens minds!

Advertisement