Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigs with no papers

• 29-04-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I have a herd number and am about to buy pigs.
    Does anyone know if I can get pigs with no herd number? I want to register their movement with the Dept but I don't know if there will be a problem if there is no herd number coming with them.
    I can use my number for slaughter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

If I'm reading this correctly you're proposing to buy pigs from someone with pigs but no herd number.
    I'd say that'd be a big problem if you try to register the movement if not for you then definitely the seller although it could draw attention to your own buying and selling.

Nobody can keep pigs legally without a herd number and they shouldn't sell them to someone without a herd number.

For you to buy the pigs and register the movement you'll need tag numbers from somewhere i.e. a sellers herd. Registering the movement means moving from one herd number to another therefore you'll need a source herd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ndolan

Thanks for confirming. I found seller with herd number and went with them.

Advertisement