Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone from amazon preorder

Options
  • 29-04-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I know nobody can tell me if iPhone 8 is going to be available for preorder from Amazon, but how was it with previous releases? Can it be bought day 1 from Amazon, or is it just from apple store, and added to Amazon couple of weeks later?

The reason is that I have 700 pounds on amazon as balance that they refused to refund, as I was going to buy Samsung Galaxy S8 - and they tell me expected dispatch date is July 2017 for the S8. At that point I may as well wait for iPhone 8 (Sep-Nov 2017?) but I wonder if it is usually available for preorder on Amazon. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Afaik Amazon have never done iPhone pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 abberr

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah they don't.

They'll pop up straight after launch though, from different sellers - you can use amazon credit with that can't you?

Probably best thing to do is buy an S8 now and sell it on new / sealed to get the cash.

They tell me my order is due to dispatch end of June, early July, but then S8 will be worth maybe 500 euro (as new). So I think I just keep the credit...

Ah so no iphone either, could wait for HTC or something else that will pop up after S8 in coming months.

At least it doesnt expiry until 2027 :)

My current phone is pretty awful (partly due to me throwing it to ground due to my frustration with it - sony phone), hopefully I can hold on to iPhone 8

Advertisement