Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Firm Derby 29/4/2017

• 29-04-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭

Am I doing this right? First match thread suprised theres none already.

Hilariously awful challenge by Beerman. Clearest penalty decision in a long while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What was he thinking in that tackle? Roberts going no where and he dives in. Brainless.

Great start for Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rangers are getting absolute battered here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rangers have not looked interested since the penalty. This could be six or seven the way the game is going at the moment.

Fair play to Rodgers, it's a piss poor league, but he has Celtic playing some lovely football. Be very interested to see how they get on in Europe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

The gulf in quality between the two teams. Rangers are beyond shook here.

Celtic have played some lovely football this season

Go for double figures!

• Advertisement

Someone's going to get hurt here. Referee losing control of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who's the co-commentator, without knowing too much I'm going to guess he's an ex Ger?

Nothing wrong with that Simunovic tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ferocious challenge from Simunovic. Got the ball fair and square. Can't be blamed for Millers gymnastics.

It's getting nice and dirty now. Hopefully a few reds are coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Wrong thread title for starters

----

Sinclair has missed 2 sitters and Andy Walker is talking absolute and utter rubbish on the commentary... that was a great tackle

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Who's the co-commentator, without knowing too much I'm going to guess he's an ex Ger?

Nothing wrong with that Simunovic tackle.

Andy Walker talking rubbish, ex Celtic player

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wrong thread title for starters

I've checked. It's definitely the 29th....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Andy Walker talking rubbish, ex Celtic player

I'm very surprised by that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Beasty wrote: »
    I've checked. It's definitely the 29th....

I'm guessing he's joking about this being 'new' Rangers rather than the old one from the Old Firm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I'm guessing he's joking about this being 'new' Rangers rather than the old one from the Old Firm?

The monkey chants aimed at Sinclair coupled with the usual songbook at least shows they're doing a great impression of the old club

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The monkey chants aimed at Sinclair coupled with the usual songbook at least shows they're doing a great impression of the old club

I thought I heard chants as Sinclair was taking the penalty. I'm sure Foderingham feels proud his "fans" do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm very surprised by that!

Don't be. Most Celtic fans aren't

He's already gone viral.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought I heard chants as Sinclair was taking the penalty. I'm sure Foderingham feels proud his "fans" do that.

Probably similar to how their manager feels as they sing about killing Catholics.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    He's already going viral.

Could have a cracking game of discrimination bingo here. They've already abused black people, Catholics. Irish and bizarrely, transsexuals. Who's next up?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys - discuss the game. I'm following this thread and any trolling will be dealt with promptly

Sinclair missed two chances. Doubt it but still havto hope we wont be made to suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sinclair missed two chances. Doubt it but still havto hope we wont be made to suffer.
    Wouldn't Rangers actually have to get the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch if they're to pose a real threat? 11-1 in attempts on goal. Now of course, it's unlikely that Rangers will be as woeful again in the second half, and Celtic will need to stay sharp. But I can't see Rangers scoring twice, ignoring the likelihood of Celtic scoring again if they need to.

blueser wrote: »
    Wouldn't Rangers actually have to get the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch if they're to pose a real threat? 11-1 in attempts on goal. Now of course, it's unlikely that Rangers will be as woeful again in the second half, and Celtic will need to stay sharp. But I can't see Rangers scoring twice, ignoring the likelihood of Celtic scoring again if they need to.

Thats why I mentioned "doubt it" normally that would be worrying but not today. Towards halftime Roberts was just teasing Beerman. Celtic could easily step it up.

Game over, if it wasn't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

4 now to celtic humiliating for rangers :D

Rangers are so ****ing ****e

If Celtic want they can score 7 or 8 here.

The worrying thing for Rangers is there's still over 20 mins to go

• Advertisement

Credit to Celtic but it says it all about the league really. If you put Cork and Dundalk in the SPL, they'd be battling it out for the top four with Celtic and Aberdeen.

Miller pulls one back

Credit to Celtic but it says it all about the league really. If you put Cork and Dundalk in the SPL, they'd be battling it out for the top four with Celtic and Aberdeen.

Chelsea beat United 4-0. By the same token, does that mean Cork and Dundalk would challenge the top 6 in England?

Miller pulls one back

Have to give credit to Miller, terrific professional. He's been excellent for them since he signed

It's gonna take a while for Rangers to come back to being a challenger by the looks of it. Celtic need a strong Rangers, both domestically and in Europe.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's gonna take a while for Rangers to come back to being a challenger by the looks of it. Celtic need a strong Rangers, both domestically and in Europe.

Celtic need a strong challenger, doesn't have to be Rangers though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

They might be battling out for the top 4 with Aberdeen & Rangers but Celtic would still be well clear imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Celtic need a strong challenger, doesn't have to be Rangers though

But they're most likely unless some foreign billionaire investor can't find an English club and invests in Aberdeen.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Class goal from Lustig to make it 1-5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

we want 6!:D

Lustig makes five

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    They might be battling out for the top 4 with Aberdeen & Rangers but Celtic would still be well clear imo

It'd be closer because they'd have more competitive games, but they'd still walk the league alright.

Poor game for the neutral viewer. Way too one sided. Can't see Celtic fans being too bothered about that though!

But they're most likely unless some foreign billionaire investor can't find an English club and invests in Aberdeen.

Rangers would have to be run properly first and that can never happen. That would involve living within their means, which would involve a few years of 2nd plane, and the fans won't stand for that

That was never a 5-1 game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Rangers would have to be run properly first and that can never happen. That would involve living within their means, which would involve a few years of 2nd plane, and the fans won't stand for that

This is what 'living within means' is, you're telling me you'd be fine with that if the roles were reversed ?

Sky mentioned this but did not show anything
    fan.png

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    This is what 'living within means' is, you're telling me you'd be fine with that if the roles were reversed ?

How much worth in loans have the club taken from the 3 bears?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How much worth in loans have the club taken from the 3 bears?

So you understand 'living within your means' as not having any money to run the club ?

The financial state of the club is improving slightly, that's fact. And they are living within their means for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Sky mentioned this but did not show anything
    fan.png

I don't get this, why would some random lad that probably fell out the door of the pub and into his seat think he could take on a fit professional athlete in a fight. Scott brown too and all, probably the hardest man on the pitch.

Rangers utterly humilated in every way, while their fans totally embarrassed themselves to the whole football world.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    So you understand 'living within your means' as not having any money to run the club ?

The financial state of the club is improving slightly, that's fact. And they are living within their means for now.

By living within your means I meaning living on revenue your club generate, not on funds you have to borrow from directors

• Advertisement
Advertisement