Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Catch with this SSD?

Options
  • 29-04-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-PLUS-Sata-inch-Internal/dp/B01F9G43WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493468309&sr=8-1&keywords=ssd%2B2.5&th=1

Im planning on fixing a friends ASUS laptop with this SSD because the hdd is dying (bad report from crystaldiskinfo when you can get into Windows, it hangs on the logo on startup most of the time)...

200 GB should do them but why is that so cheap? £30 for 240GB but £50 for 120GB?

It will do the job wont it and Im not being a complete moron here?

Feel free to give me any better recs while there is still time to cancel the Amazon order btw, I would like to go over 240GB but they dont want to spend much cash...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Never had a problem with SanDisk. Just ocz.

Is it just a sale thing, temporary offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill snap it up so, thats a bit of a bargain isnt it? I can stick one of my old hdds in an external for their films and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

It's a third party marketplace store which has just been launched, with no feedback, and selling the SSD at less than half the price of all other sellers. Very likely a scam.

Oh sh1t never even checked that Ive become so used to Amazon being perfect. Meh, no chance of me losing any money with them anyway.

Yep, order cancelled. Anyone seen any decent SSD bargains lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just keep an eye on HDUK.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yep, order cancelled. Anyone seen any decent SSD bargains lately?

I keep my eye on Maplin and Komplett. Occasionally have good deals.

maki wrote: »
    It's a third party marketplace store which has just been launched, with no feedback, and selling the SSD at less than half the price of all other sellers. Very likely a scam.

Very good catch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It could be a genuine seller though just starting on Amazon as I see it's prices at £73.00 now. May have been a simple miss price?

I often wonder about new comers to Amazon, everyone has to start sometime and it would explain the lack of feedback?

Edit: That link now says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." Maybe it was a rogue seller after all?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A new seller with no feedback offering a variety of items at less than half the normal price - the classic Amazon scam. You can spot them a mile away from the name of the store and the information they have in the bio, always asks you to contact them at an email address to process the sale.

If you pay through Amazon using one of these sellers - you get refunded almost instantly and the seller banned. Their hope is that you email them, pay outside of Amazon, and they disappear.

Sometimes they do sell stuff on Amazon for a while to raise their feedback, but always junk, cheap items worth a euro or two - then they spring the scam of offering TVs, Laptops, PCs, phones etc at unrealistically low prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement