Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google home thingy with nest?

Options
  • 29-04-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Anyone that have both know if there's any integration of the devices that's advantageous over having a separate home device?

Apple heavily rumoured to be announcing one at wwdc and I kind of trust them more with not listening all the time and selling my info or marketing to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't have Nest (Netatmo instead), but yes the Nest Thermostat is well intergrated with Google Home. You can give it commands like: "Hey Google,"

- Make it warmer
    - Raise the temperature
    - Set the heat to 22
    - What is the temperature inside

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7073478?hl=en

On the other hand, Netatmo works well and similarly with Siri/Apple Homekit, so if Apple release their own device, then Netatmo would likely work well with it.

Advertisement