Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

To be honest, even though I have him, Aguero (inj ) to Jesus would open up a world of possibilities elsewhere. I'd be perfectly fine if that news turned out to be true.

No. Aguero out will open up a world of identical template Jesus teams. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well that will make mine and many other minds up

Another Tc option gone for those with it left .........

Apparently aguero could be gone for the season? That royally ****s up alot of plans if true

Really hope this is not true. It seems to be only the S*n so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Apparently aguero could be gone for the season? That royally ****s up alot of plans if true

Oh Jesus.....

FHFC wrote: »
    Really hope this is not true. It seems to be only the S*n so fingers crossed.

Just read the article. Absolutely nothing new. Pep's quotes from yesterday that he'll be assessed today. The bit about the rest of the season plucked out of their arse. Clickbait.

This is from the MEN yesterday.

"Manager Pep Guardiola said: "It is in the leg I think but it is exactly the right position. We will make tests and see."

Aguero will be assessed on Monday to determine the extent of the problem.

The City manager gave the impression it was significant but the club are hopeful that the striker can shake off the problem."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

Yep, he's going to be such a good differential (like he was yesterday) if he stays fit.
    Him playing deeper isn't even a bad thing as it's caused his BPS score to increase dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'd normally agree. But not this time. The only real difference it'll make is people who can't afford him right now wouldn't have benefitted from his returns later. But I don't think there'll be one main template as a consequence. There will still be so many possibilities. Bar Jesus that would become "THE" City striker to own, how would you spare your cash? In midfield like Sanchez-Hazard-KDB? Upfront with Costa alongside Kane & Jesus? At the back with an expensive Spurs def? Several of these? etc.. etc...

iroced wrote: »
    I'd normally agree. But not this time. There are still so many possibilities. Bar Jesus that would become "THE" City striker to own, how would you spare your cash? In midfield like Sanchez-Hazard-KDB? Upfront with Costa alongside Kane & Jesus? At the back with an expensive Spurs def? etc.. etc... I mean, even if Agüero is out for the season, I still see many different combinations of the so-called template to be able to catch or lose ground ;).

As Spock said Aguero himself would have been the differential. I'd say a lot can't afford him already, and most GW36 Wildcards I've seen were going Jesus anyhow. And Kane and Gabbi up front. They are then spending the cash pretty much on Sanchez, Hazard, King. One of Sane, Pedro, Alli/Eriksen or a Soton mid. Albrighton or JWP 5th.

Caballero/Pickford and a United+Arsenal+Alonso. One or 2 Soton defs or maybe Holgate.

People with higher TV using the extra on Monreal over Gab, or maybe Cech in goal.

Variations on a theme. I was looking at Aguero, Kane and Jesus up front which would have been a hugely differential combination.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Sanchez and Stephens in, De Roon and Chambers out.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Will wait for confirmation on Bailly and Ward before any moves this week.

And also Aguero and Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Firmino to Sanchez, TC, 2 other DGW players. Time to take a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

F*ck it mode activated - wildcard in play. God bless the sub 4m players!
    FkcSPVM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Our head to head splits in to a playoff this week. The top 8 qualify for it. Does anyone know if 1st play 8th, 2nd play 7th etc or is it a random draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sanchez has been terrible for a while now, I would use TC on a Chelsea/City/Spurs player ahead of him in GW37

BOHtox wrote: »
    Our head to head splits in to a playoff this week. The top 8 qualify for it. Does anyone know if 1st play 8th, 2nd play 7th etc or is it a random draw?

Random I believe.

For GW36 only.

Vardy or Gabbiadini?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

For GW36 only.

Vardy or Gabbiadini?
    Can you make a direct swap or there's a -4 involved? If there is, the question changes...

The way the game is going lately with the 3rd cheap striker spot (not the case of Vardy admittedly) makes me tell you this. Weigh up all the pros and cons, search for form and history of the so-called player(s), look at the form of the team he plays for, consider what is at stake for him and his team, etc.. When you'll have a clearer view on it and will eventually come to an obvious conclusion, do... the exact opposite of it! That should work a treat :pac:!

So, I'm kinda tempted to tell you "hold Gabbiadini, he's on for a blinder when no one expect it anymore and either refused to get him in or has sold him". Only flaw in my reductio ad absurdum demonstration is I can see that happening more in GW37...

FHFC wrote:
    For GW36 only.

Vardy or Gabbiadini?

I'd probably go Vardy, although I didn't see the game today, so not sure how bad Watford have been.

Or if you want to go ultra maverick.....

Niasse at home to relegated Sunderland. Hull one of the few teams with lots to play for.

iroced wrote: »
    Can you make a direct swap or there's a -4 involved? If there is, the question changes...

The way the game is going lately with the 3rd cheap striker spot (not the case of Vardy admittedly) makes me tell you this. Weigh up all the pros and cons, search for form and history of the so-called player(s), look at the form of the team he plays for, consider what is at stake for him and his team, etc.. When you'll have a clearer view on it and will eventually come to an obvious conclusion, do... the exact opposite of it! That should work a treat :pac:!

So, I'm kinda tempted to tell you "hold Gabbiadini, he's on for a blinder when no one expect it anymore and either refused to get him in or has sold him". Only flaw in my reductio ad absurdum demonstration is I can see that happening more in GW37...

Toying with it as a -4. So it probably doesn't make sense.

Finally gave in to looking at plan for Aguero not being fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Cech and king or Sane and Pickford for the run in? Thinking Sane and Pickford, haven't had King all season so probably missed the boat there.

Will have other Arsenal defence and City attack so need to decide which i want to double up on. Could go for Cech & King this week and take a -4 to reverse for 37 but have zero room for price changes and Sane will probably go up at sime stage.

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    Cech and king or Sane and Pickford for the run in? Thinking Sane and Pickford, haven't had King all season so probably missed the boat there.

Will have other Arsenal defence and City attack so need to decide which i want to double up on. Could go for Cech & King this week and take a -4 to reverse for 37 but have zero room for price changes and Sane will probably go up at sime stage.
    Cech and king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cech and King imo

Sane potentially rotated depending on Aguero news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'd be thinking he is more nailed on if Kun is ruled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'd be thinking he is more nailed on if Kun is ruled out.

I would say that's a dead cert but until you know Kun's status I wouldn't be rushing to make that transfer imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Aguero was my big differential in my leagues, Citys easy run was going to be key. At times like this I can only turn to Jesus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

With all the Walker issues does anyone think that Trippier is nailed on?

At 4.7m he is an absolute bargain if he is, I am thinking of putting him in my WC team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wildcard left, take a 4 point hit this week for a couple of tweaks then wildcard?
    Happy enough with my team but just need a tweak for Arsenals 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

With all the Walker issues does anyone think that Trippier is nailed on?

At 4.7m he is an absolute bargain if he is, I am thinking of putting him in my WC team.
    He's absolutely not nailed on, but his prospects have improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Definitely waiting till later this week, anxiously waiting on injury updates from Aguero and Bailly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Definitely waiting till later this week, anxiously waiting on injury updates from Aguero and Bailly

Same here. At the moment, it's looking like Aguero to Jesus, and Bailly to a Leicester or Hull defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On my wildcard. Need a 4.5 Midfielder who would ye go for?

• Advertisement

On my wildcard. Need a 4.5 Midfielder who would ye go for?

Depends if you have bench boost or not.
    If you don't, I'd go Carroll to save 0.4
    If you do, I'd try find 0.1 from somewhere to fit Fraser or Stanislas in.

spock. wrote: »
    Depends if you have bench boost or not.
    If you don't, I'd go Carroll to save 0.4
    If you do, I'd try find 0.1 from somewhere to fit Fraser or Stanislas in.

Yes i still have my BB left looking at 37 to play it

Willy Pickford
    Tripper Holgate Gabriel Yoshida Darmian
    Carrick Sanchez Hazard King Alli
    Jesus Rashford Kane

.3 itb is what I'm working with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Willy Pickford
    Tripper Holgate Gabriel Yoshida Darmian
    Carrick Sanchez Hazard King Alli
    Jesus Rashford Kane

.3 itb is what I'm working with

Rashford to Gabi gives you the extra 0.1 to upgrade Carrick to Ndidi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Aguero and Coutinho out
    Jesus and Sanchez (tc) in

For a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

All pending the injury news but....

If Aguero is fit... Aguero/Lukaku/Gabbiadini next week
    If Aguero is croked.....Jesus/Lukaku/Costa next week (-4)

I'd nearly prefer him to be injured really!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Willy--Pickford

Bailly--Holding--Stephens--Smith--Holgate

Carroll--Sanchez--Hazard--Eriksen--Zaha

Aguero--Kane--Gabbiadini

Will wait for injury news but all going well it'll be Zaha and maybe one other out for GW37 players. Nothing in the bank, any suggestions?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Willy--Pickford

Bailly--Holding--Stephens--Smith--Holgate

Carroll--Sanchez--Hazard--Eriksen--Zaha

Aguero--Kane--Gabbiadini

Will wait for injury news but all going well it'll be Zaha and maybe one other out for GW37 players. Nothing in the bank, any suggestions?

Can you get spurs defense in anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can you get spurs defense in anywhere?

If Bailly is out I'll ship him and Zaha out for a Spuds defender and a cheap mid playing twice, maybe Capoue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Having a problem finding defenders for next 2 gameweeks. Have 9.6m don't know what way to spend it.

Already have Cedric and Yoshida so getting Stephens in would be Soton overkill (and there is the worry Caceres might get some gametime, I can't afford any Chelsea defender, I already have 3 spurs and 3 Utd players..

So basically left with Stones at 4.6 and then Gabriel at 4.8?? Stones has decent fixtures if he's fit and back in the team but don't have any faith in Gabriel staying in the Arsenal team..

Any options I'm missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Having a problem finding defenders for next 2 gameweeks. Have 9.6m don't know what way to spend it.

Already have Cedric and Yoshida so getting Stephens in would be Soton overkill (and there is the worry Caceres might get some gametime, I can't afford any Chelsea defender, I already have 3 spurs and 3 Utd players..

So basically left with Stones at 4.6 and then Gabriel at 4.8?? Stones has decent fixtures if he's fit and back in the team but don't have any faith in Gabriel staying in the Arsenal team..

Any options I'm missing?

WBA punt, Trippier/Bavies but wait on presser. Leicester.

How would you line out this week? Baines is too expensive for BB only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Sane and Aguero out for me and Jesus and Sanchez signed this week with Sanchez as captain. Tempted to go triple captain but thinking for leaving that for next game week with Dele Ali. I think Gabriel is a risk after his poor game last Sunday but they have another double week coming up in case he keeps his place

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

Kieran Gibbs is an interesting play with the next two double weeks coming. More Wild Cards picks in the pod:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

How did Sterling last in my squad for so long :confused:

Sterling -> Sanchez (c)

All hail the bank

Don't mind that he's a DGW next week. Probably only get 1 match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Gamble time I have 2 money leagues sewn up and chasing 50 odd points so :
    Randolph/Pieters to Forster/Stephens already done.
    Zaha/Eriksen to Romeau/Ozil tomorrow
    Also considering Lukaku to Vardy, Aguero to Jesus (if Kun is injured) and Benteke to Kane.
    Also might ditch Valencia. Could end up -28 yet, would have 5 DGW this week and 13 next week.

Gabriel is now a major problem. As usual. Will I never learn. :rolleyes:

Mustafi back in full training, 3 at the back doubtful.

He could play both games in a 343 or none in a 4231.

Anyone have a good take on Arsenal care to hazard a prediction? Will Xhaka being out influence the likely formation?

I'm BBing this week and its impossible to know what to do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gabriel is now a major problem. As usual. Will I never learn. :rolleyes:

Mustafi back in full training, 3 at the back doubtful.

He could play both games in a 343 or none in a 4231.

Anyone have a good take on Arsenal care to hazard a prediction? Will Xhaka being out influence the likely formation?

I'm BBing this week and its impossible to know what to do with him.

I just asked same in wildcard thread. If you're bb'ing then you wouldn't be on a wildcard so if I were you I'd prob just keep him.
    Don't think it'd be worth the transfer out as he may well start 1 or both. Prob too risky though for those on a wildcard like myself.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I just asked same in wildcard thread. If you're bb'ing then you wouldn't be on a wildcard so if I were you I'd prob just keep him.
    Don't think it'd be worth the transfer out as he may well start 1 or both. Prob too risky though for those on a wildcard like myself.

I'd be distraught if I played BB and had only 14 players. Plan up in the air a bit now. If I knew he was definitely out I'd take a hit no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I'd be distraught if I played BB and had only 14 players. Plan up in the air a bit now. If I knew he was definitely out I'd take a hit no bother.

Yeah I know, it'd be annoying alright if he didn't play. We're unlikely to hear anymore now as wenger already held his presser.
    If you were to sell him who can you afford?
    Is it someone that could also benefit you in gw37? If so it might be worth considering as Gabriel is likely to cost you a transfer next week anyway (or else a spot on your bench) so if you could get say monreal for him it might be worth the hit.
    Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge of the arsenal defence than me will be able to shed some light on his likelihood of playing

• Advertisement

All I can say is Gabriel was atrocious at the weekend
    Booked
    Could have had a second booking
    Gave away a stupid pen
    Subbed

Would not touch him now

Advertisement