Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gut feeling??😀

Who are your two arsenal defs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

manual_man wrote: »
    s-l225.jpg

Two reflective balls? two mirror balls? two little magnets? ... ah balls of... :pac:

^My exact thought process. Next year I'll be hanging on to my wildcard anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Have it down to the following combination...

A. Cabalerro Pickford Monreal Vert Alli

B. Caballero Lloris Gabriel Monreal Alli

C. Pickford Cech Monreal Vert Eriksen

Second place rival has Alli so kinda would like to keep him but option C has the best of everything if I'm willing to drop Alli for Eriksen... I really can't decide which is best! Ive been chopping and changing for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

FHFC wrote: »
    I think Jesus is close to essential with Aguero out.

Do you not think it's risky with Aguero very possibly being back next week though?

I understand the move if on a WC or if you're chasing points in your league, but for my position where every transfer feels like gold dust, and where points hits are harder to justify as there's no transfer at this point that can be deemed "long term" it just seems like a risky transfer.

Chances that he starts all 4 remaining City games? Hard to say at the moment but I reckon about 50/50. Not reliable enough for me and I'll be passing on Jesus.

I do see the appeal though with City's fixtures and the funds he enables elsewhere. I'm just being very disciplined with myself in terms of only bringing in players I'm close to 100% sure will play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

-=al=- wrote: »
    Have it down to the following combination...

A. Cabalerro Pickford Monreal Vert Alli

B. Caballero Lloris Gabriel Monreal Alli

C. Pickford Cech Monreal Vert Eriksen

Second place rival has Alli so kinda would like to keep him but option C has the best of everything if I'm willing to drop Alli for Eriksen... I really can't decide which is best! Ive been chopping and changing for ages!

I like B anyway. How close is rival with Alli?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Sane or Siggy?
    Hazard or Alli?
    Have Kane and Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Selling Coutinho instead of rolling FT I think.
    Thinking Hazard and waiting it out on Sanchez. Having to start DDG is a factor.

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sane or Siggy?
    Hazard or Alli?
    Have Kane and Jesus

Hazard
    Sane

No chelsea cover would be Scary

Pep is in love with Jesus and happy to let Aguero and Jesus play together, Jesus said he's not 100% but still fit to play and Aguero doesn't care once he plays. He was mentioning he started as a secondary striker and is happy to play that role again if needs be

I think you need Jesus in your life (at least for this week) :pac:
    I like B anyway. How close is rival with Alli?

2 points behind so it's close. The rest of the team should make up the points too. He has no WC and some naff picks. I would probably be ok anyway!

If I drop Yoshida for Ake (Yes I know) I can keep Alli and it gives me this team

Caballero - Cech

Alonso - Monreal - Vertongen - Stephens Ake

Sanchez - Hazard - Alli - King - Sane

Kane - Jesus - Gabbiadini.

Rival has Gabbiadini, Alli and Spurs defence so need to neutralize that. The rest should make up and I've 13 doublers for GW37 bench boost. I miss out on double Southampton defence but it gives me added security of Alli and Monreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

with costa, kane and lukaku is it worth doing lukaku --??? Gabbi ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Stephens and King in for Mori and Zaha for -4.

Good or bad move?

Good moves.

And flip a coin for Gabbiadini/Lukaku. Gabbiadini's fixtures are meh this week and his minutes are also questionable. Yes he has a double but If I had Lukaku, I'd probably keep this week. Isn't he still up for top goalscorer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FHFC wrote: »
    I think Jesus is close to essential with Aguero out.

TC is going on him GW37. He could win me a league or 2. Others don't have that chip left and it could save me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Capoue or Ndidi peeps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    TC is going on him GW37. He could win me a league or 2. Others don't have that chip left and it could save me.

They do say that he saves people. :)

(1 millionth Jesus gag. Do I win a prize)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Hazard + Gabbiadini or Pedro + Costa -4?
    Anyone?

Also, Valencia to an Arsenal def for -4? Yay or nay? If yay is Monreal safe enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Anyone?

Also, Valencia to an Arsenal def for -4? Yay or nay? If yay is Monreal safe enough?

I would go Hazard + Gabbiadini. Have Monreal in my WC team, looks pretty nailed on. It's probably worth the -4 with Valencia likely to frustrate over the remaining fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone?

I did Val to Monreal. Appearance points and Val's likely rest make the hit pretty much no hit.

Cheers guys ;).
    So no news 'bout Agüero kinda means bad news right?

What do you guys think about Zaha + Agüero -> Hazard + Jesus for -4?
    My defense is Alonso Stephens ... Valencia McAuley Holebas. What about an additional -4 for an Arsenal def?

Hits not taken into consideration, Hazard is the key for me. If I get him in, I'm kinda stuck with Gabbiadini or another cheap striker like Deeney (but his fixtures for 37 & 38 aren't great and Watford have nothing at stake).
    So the big question is what about Pedro? Do you guys think he's nailed (he got his "rest" against Saints). Is he worth it? He scored a wonder goal in their last game but didn't return much in the previous 5-6.

So. Long story short.
    Hazard + cheap striker or Pedro + Costa/Vardy for 37/38?

So.

Agüero + Zaha + Valencia -> Jesus + Hazard + Monreal for -8.

Gabbiadini's bound to be my unexpected hero or the milstone of my DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cheers guys ;).

So.

Agüero + Zaha + Valencia -> Jesus + Hazard + Monreal for -8.

Gabbiadini's bound to be my unexpected hero or the milstone of my DGW.

Hopefully you did the transfers before composing this post.

;)

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Hopefully you did the transfers before composing this post.

;)
    Yeah I did ;). I put "my" deadline at 19h55 for transfers and 19h57 for sorting and saving my team ;)

Delete team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Can I play bench boost and wildcard same week???

Being told no.

But I thought yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Afraid not

Edit, only KevIRL can use both in the same week.

SAdsi5n.gif
    De Bruyne

• Advertisement
Advertisement