Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice things that happened to you today

• 29-04-2017 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

There's too much misery and moaning around here, so this thread is dedicated to all the lovely niceness and kindness that we are surrounded by that can sometimes be hard to see.

Some lad was handing out free Krispy Kremes in the street beside my house today in some sort of a promotional campaign and gave me three because he was "trying to get rid of them".

An aunt-in-law also sent me a belated birthday card in the post, which was the first piece of mail I received to a new house we've just moved into and properly made my day yesterday as I was up to my eyes with all the unpacking shyte. "Don't forget how young and beautiful you are", it read. Cheesy as all feck but gave me a smile, what a lovely thing to say to a very stressed and frazzled person!

Anyone do anything utterly lovely or just a little bit thoughtful for you today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

No. life is pain. Existence has no purpose. Nothing matters. And we'll all die soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My wife took the kids out for a few hours and left me alone, in sweet, blessed peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I don't have a hangover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I got my hair blow dried all pretty and had lunch in avoca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

my washing machine was leaking but I fixed it myself this morning
    the relief of not having to buy a new washing machine was a very nice feeling indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Got good news after difficult medical examination during week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Love Avoca! That reminds me I got my nails did too. So I feel 50% more human.
    Glenster wrote: »
    No. life is pain. Existence has no purpose. Nothing matters. And we'll all die soon.

Ah come on Glenny Glen you can do better than that. And shur if nothing matters ya may as well make a go of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Got good news after difficult medical examination during week

Oh that's great news. Congratulations. I think you win ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭iguot

osarusan wrote: »
    My wife took the kids out for a few hours and left me alone, in sweet, blessed peace.

Do ya wish u never had them, be honest now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

My dad came over and helped me do the garden. Just finished as the rain started and it's looking lovely. Got up early and went into town and cooked a batch of homemade pasta sauce using good Italian tomatoes and loadsa garlic. Cooked low and slow, can't wait for my dinner later!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

We just missed each other, cos I had the rugrats with me there for a bite today too.:mad:

Mrs Stewarts at work, so took them to avoca for smoothies and buns. Alf got a nice new jacket there too. One of my favourite places to shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Banana Massage!

I got a lovely surprise gift from my chap of some earrings I admired last week. He's a thoughtful one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

grahambo wrote: »
    Banana Massage!

Worst euphemism ever.

Just call it a **** like everyone else mate :pac:

We just missed each other, cos I had the rugrats with me there for a bite today too.:mad:

Mrs Stewarts at work, so took them to avoca for smoothies and buns. Alf got a nice new jacket there too. One of my favourite places to shop.

Aw that's a pity Alf. It's been so long!

I love shopping there. Not good for the pocket though. I managed to escape though with just fresh strawberries and meringues for later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I got head boops off a cat.
    I got nose boops off a hamster.
    I got body boops off a puppy who was WAY TOO EXCITED.

All in all, a pretty successful day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Glenster wrote: »

Truer words never spoken.

I think you and I would get on famously.

Truer words never spoken.

I think you and I would get on famously.

There you go guys, you've made new friends!

It's looking up already :D

While queuing up to pay for lunch, which came to €10.20, I asked my lunch pal if she had 20c (to save breaking a €20), when the lady behind handed over 20c. I thought it very sweet of her and will do the same for a stranger if ever the chance occurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

my washing machine was leaking but I fixed it myself this morning
    the relief of not having to buy a new washing machine was a very nice feeling indeed

My missus phoned me the other day to say the washing machine blew up and killed the electric to the rest of the house.....I could see the catalogue was already open and a new one picked out...I changed the brushes and turned it on...every error code imaginable appeared on the panel....all of a sudden "you broke the washing machine, we need a new one" was lobbed at me.....left it unplugged overnight and when I plugged it back in, it worked perfect...delight for me, disappoinment for herself lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

The support and kindness from everyone since Elliot was born. Strangers and friends. Gives me the warm and fuzzies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

3 ladies stopped at our table when we were out for lunch to tell me how lovely my daughter is <3

Home now, my has handed me a glass of wine and has taken said daughter to the kitchen for a sing session while I drink my wine and read the internet. TODAY IS MY FAVOURITE

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Brought daughter to get her driving licence today after passing her test last night first time and her saying "mum you're the best " and Me saying "I know":) the sheer happiness in her little face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother was discharged from hospital today. It has been a worrying few months with her getting weaker. Although the news wasn't great last week, it isn't as bleak as feared and is treatable. Thank God, I wasn't ready to be an orphan !

73Cat wrote: »
    My mother was discharged from hospital today. It has been a worrying few months with her getting weaker. Although the news wasn't great last week, it isn't as bleak as feared and is treatable. Thank God, I wasn't ready to be an orphan !

That's great news 73Cat. I'm delighted for both of you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Candie wrote: »
    That's great news 73Cat. I'm delighted for both of you. :)

Thankyou :)

Advertisement