Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone in the market for a used Projector? One on Ebay at a decent price

• 29-04-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Just seen the same projector as I own myself going up on Ebay for what I feel is a good price (and they're taking 'Best Offers' on it too) and so thought I'd give folks a heads up in case anyone is in the market for a 2nd hand projector right now.

It's the slimline Epson EB-1776W. I paid €1700 five years back and feel it money well spent (at the time at least).

https://www.epson.eu/products/projectors/ultra-mobile/epson-eb-1776w

Absolutely love it and have had no issues with almost 5500 hours on the bulb now. Reset the hours when I got the warning message and have put another 1400 on it. Should really replace the bulb at this stage (hence my being on Ebay and seeing this)

Not Full HD but picture is amazing and far better than a full HD projector that I did own previously (Optoma).

Anyway, just thought the price was very good and sure it's Ebay, could be faulty and the clock hours could be reset (although the seller does have 100% feedback). In saying that, even with the cost of a possible new bulb, still a bargain on what these go for new which is around the €1000 mark at their cheapest:

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/3286604_-eb-1776w-epson.html

Here's the listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epson-EB-1776W-LCD-Projector/122469044823

Fairly reviewed here:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Just seen the same projector as I own myself going up on Ebay for what I feel is a good price (and they're taking 'Best Offers' on it too) and so thought I'd give folks a heads up in case anyone is in the market for a 2nd hand projector right now.

It's the slimline Epson EB-1776W. I paid €1700 five years back and feel it money well spent (at the time at least).

https://www.epson.eu/products/projectors/ultra-mobile/epson-eb-1776w

Absolutely love it and have had no issues with almost 5500 hours on the bulb now. Reset the hours when I got the warning message and have put another 1400 on it. Should really replace the bulb at this stage (hence my being on Ebay and seeing this)

Not Full HD but picture is amazing and far better than a full HD projector that I did own previously (Optoma).

Anyway, just thought the price was very good and sure it's Ebay, could be faulty and the clock hours could be reset (although the seller does have 100% feedback). In saying that, even with the cost of a possible new bulb, still a bargain on what these go for new which is around the €1000 mark at their cheapest:

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/3286604_-eb-1776w-epson.html

Here's the listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epson-EB-1776W-LCD-Projector/122469044823

Fairly reviewed here:

Can you post a video of the actual projector working please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ehmmmmmmmmmm
    Lamp
    230 W, 4,000 h durability, 4,000 h durability (economy mode)
    200h left

Its not hardly used, its 95% used. Dishonesty isnt a good start.

A new lamp is 126.01 Euro (ELPLP65). So all in over ?300 for WXGA? ?350 would probably nab you a new 720p unit. Not a bargain.

You do know those working limits are applied because these lamps have a tendency to explode, violently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Slightly off topic, but I have an Epson EH-TW5200 I bought for €650 in March 2015. It has a brand new OEM bulb in it and is in perfect nick (been hanging on the ceiling away from anything that can damage it). Original box, remote etc..

Anyone (ED_E?) want to tell me how much it could be worth? I am considering sticking it on Adverts. I got a 4K TV in November and rarely ever use it now which is a shame as it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1080p is plenty for projector view distances, 1440 or 4k are useless, so its essentially "top of the line" excluding luminosity. Other than the lack of warranty theres nothing to pull the value down, mounted through its life is perfect. The lamp is really the value.

As its a low turnover item theres no 2nd hand market valuation, so more of what you can get for it than what you should get. Adverts is always a minefield. Listed well (good pics, sell it re consoles/popcorn experience) I'd post it as ?490 with an aim to hit ?400 going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

ED E wrote: »
    Not a bargain.

There's always one......
    350 would probably nab you a new 720p unit.

Been there, done that.. but was frustrated hugely with what was on offer at that price and they were ultimately nowhere near the quality of the 1776W.

I've had an Epson EB-W04 before for example and it was a piece of junk in comparison and they're €425ish new. Just not in the same league and nor was the last Optoma that I had (which cost close to €1000). I chose this projector after reading hundreds of reviews and it surpassed my expectations even then... hence my recommending it now.

The reason I linked to the model on the Epson website was to highlight it's specifications. It's not a run of the mill low end budget projector which for sure can be had for what this is going for. It has Auto Focus, auto horizontal / vertical keystone and Screen Fit which is an excellent feature. It can be used wirelessly. It's also ultra mobile and is extremely flat in comparison to most projectors. Half the weight (less than four lbs) and less than 2" in height.

582be8c49ec6680224c156b0.jpg

Here's some consumer reviews on BHPhotoVideo, a notoriously hard to please community but yet all positive:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/873455-REG/Epson_V11H476020_PowerLite_1776W_WXGA_Multimedia.html

A new lamp is 126.01 Euro (ELPLP65).

€84 from EULamp.

As for the projector itself:

ProjectorShop24 are selling this projector for £1150.
    Misco for £1117.
    BT Shop are the cheapest selling it £968.

Not a bargain at £200 with 'Best Offer' available??

Yeah, right... like I said, even if a new bulb is needed it would be a sweet price.
    loremolis wrote: »
    Can you post a video of the actual projector working please.

I can upload a video of mine playing a movie in a lit room and a dark room if you like. Showing 'Screen Fit' in action also. It's pretty cool as even at an angle it will auto correct quite fast. Let me know and I don't mind doing that.

• Advertisement

Emailed the seller there just to confirm lamp hours and they sent back the following image:

Proj1.jpg

Now I have no way of knowing if this seller is honest or not, but if the above is true, then there are only 261 Eco Hours on this lamp and if that's that's the case, then this projector is more of a bargain than I first thought, as your good for at least 4000 hours on these lamps.

Possible of course that they are lying and have robbed this of the old lady who lives next door to them and reset the lamp a few weeks ago, clocking up the 261 Eco hours watching ISIS vids and other dark web gore, but I doubt it personally as they have 100% positive feedback, much of which has been earned as a Seller.

Have visitors here today and so no access to the living room but here's a brief clip of mine in action in my bedroom (excuse the mess) where I switch from Eco to Normal so that you can see the difference in brightness between the two modes. Projector is 12 feet away from a painted wall here but naturally you could expect a far better image on a screen and a larger one from further back.

If making an offer, best of of luck and don't blame if it violently explodes on your mission to out lamp perform me, and also don't forget to factor in €20 shipping costs to include the extra cost of either Parcel Motel or AddressPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Is that 261 hours used or 261 hours remaining?

Arbie wrote: »
    Is that 261 hours used or 261 hours remaining?

The number displayed is hours used... but like I said, theoretically, they could just have reset the lamp hours are then recently clocked up those numbers to make it appear as if the lamp has only been used that much... but again, given their 100% positive feedback score.. while possible, it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Isn't there a section in most projector settings for lamp resets? I have an InFocus I got on adverts a couple of years ago and it has a bulb section that says how many times it has been reset. Mind you I didn't know that at the time and I'm glad he was decent skin too!

Advertisement