Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEN Genesis 46 auction find

Options
  • 29-04-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Well... whether it's a find or not remains to be seen.

I scored a CEN Genesis 46 at auction for £38! Now to make one thing clear,I haven't a clue about RC cars, nitro or anything else however I am handy and willing to learn. I also bought it use as a project for my three sons whom I want to be involved and looked upon it as an exciting project etc.

Either the transmitter or reciver does not work. The receiver is getting power and the transmitter is switching on but the servos will not react only the throttle service switches continually when the reciver is switched on.

Leads me to think the reciver is banjaxed. It came with tx and Rx crystals of the same frequency so I might replace the reciver and crystals to to get the ball moving and eliminate possible problems.

All failing then I'll replace the transmitter. I have a strimmer engine sitting idle so I might look at mounting that and use it instead of the nitro engine.

All, any advise folks would be appreciated and welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Sounds like a good deal. However it could end up costing you quite a lot if for instance the engine needs repair, the radio gear needs replacement, etc. Do you have fuel, a few spare glow plugs, tools, glow igniter, etc? Where are you located? Might help a lot if you could meet up with someone who has experience with rc nitro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Oh yeah and be prepared to empty your wallet on upgrades and spending hours trawling eBay and online forums... Ha ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Only checking my thread now. Yes have glow plug, and glow heater. It came a box of bits, the pull chord was broken, but it came with a roto start so I fitted that and will start it with a drill. Have to get fuel though, if the engine runs I'll look at other options then, either a new receiver and transmitter next. If the engine doesn't run I'll sell the parts of it, recoup some cash to go towards something else for the kids etc.

Advertisement