Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Pop Up' Tent ....?

Options
  • 29-04-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Okay. Here's one for ye; I'm looking for a 'pop up' type tent. 'One man' size would be plenty. It'd get used, probably, an hour or two a year. In as reasonable as the weather can be, around the middle of April :)

I'd just want it to keep the lighter breezes off. Or a passing, light shower. Any more that that forecast and I wouldn't be venturing out. Just imagine that I want to kneel in there and write notes on paper. (No, water proof pads wouldn't fit my requirements, thanks)

Pegs and guys are no use. Ground's full of rocks and I'd spend all day trying to find four, softer, anchor points. And, I can't be doing with searching out and pulling up rocks, to tie pieces of string to either. Useless at knots and don't wish to spend longer than I'd spend in the tent.

If this is the impossible dream? So be it. I know nothing of such things. Just thought I'd ask, on the off chance. I'd be ready to spend a ton or two. I take what I have to do very seriously ;)

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So not for sleeping in, just for taking cover. And write your notes? You don't want a pop up tent, you want an over your head shelter

Vango is a good brand of tents and they have several sizes of this "storm shelter"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Stigura

notworthy_zps0a684731.gifBloody Perfect!!!! Can't Thank You enough! signthankspin_zps9e8a44f3.gif

That's absolutely bloody brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

:)

Make sure you mention me in the credits for your book when you are world famous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I'll be happy if I'm not in these notes.

Advertisement