Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed primary schools Cork

Options
  • 29-04-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

We are moving back to Ireland after living away for 11years. We have a 14month old daughter than we want to send her ideally to a mixed primary school when she is 4years old. I know it's ages away but where we send her will depend on where we live. We want a nice family area with good primary and secondary schools - mixed if possible.

I have a job in South Infirmary so we are thinking ballinlough area even though may be out of our budget. I've also hear good things about Ballincollig so might be worth the commute. I want to avoid douglas/rochestown because of the traffic on the link.

Also just wondering whether it's best to get a creche that's near a primary school in the hope that she will know some people on her class when she starts? Any good creches?
    Thanks
    Ruth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

http://www.education.ie/en/find-a-school

You can search there by map, gender, etc.

We moved from ballincollig to ballinlough/blackrock about 5 years ago. We much prefer this part of the city, lots of local amenities, and buses are frequent (when not onstrike) but ballincollig was grand too while we were there. The prices have gone nuts here though at the moment.

I wasn't mad about the local gaelscoil in ballincollig to be honest, just meeting a few of the parents at the open day put me off. Two of them said something along the lines of "won't it be great now, the foreign kids never go to Gaelscoil". Eek. I'm sure there are snobby yokes anywhere, but that experience coloured my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mccurtie23

Thanks for all that info. Is their a playground near ballinlough.
    Heard good things about ballinlough ns on Crab Lane? Do you know if you need to be withing the exact area of the school to get a place? Their are a few houses on Skehard Road that are in our budget - but is that area ok - is it more Mahon?

Advertisement