Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get coffee ground

• 29-04-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

As part of my gifts for turning 30 some lovely friends got me coffee as part of my gift however they didn't realise I don't have a grinder (obviously I didn't tell them that and just thanked them!).

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would grind beans for somebody?

While yes I could go buy a grinder, due to the fact my wife is expecting coffee consumption in our house has gone right down and will be down for the next 18 months as a result buying one isnt the best use of our funds right now!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd imagine most places would do it for you, maybe buy another bag when you are there though?

What part of Dublin are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Hey thanks for the reply!

In Santry but wife will be in around city centre! That's great to hear, will definitely pick up another bag wherever I go, wouldn't expect them to do it for nothing. Thanks a mill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe try and drop an email or something first to be sure but most places that sell beans I'm sure would grind some for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

RiseToMe wrote: »

While yes I could go buy a grinder, due to the fact my wife is expecting coffee consumption in our house has gone right down and will be down for the next 18 months as a result buying one isnt the best use of our funds right now!

Thanks

You might find your coffee consumption goes through the roof in a few month's time! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

If you want a spin out to the North County I can do them.

• Advertisement

You might find your coffee consumption goes through the roof in a few month's time! :)

Haha yes I would imagine mine just might! Though I have a few ideas about where the coffee grinder may end up if I got one and woke a small person up using it!

jwwb wrote: »
    If you want a spin out to the North County I can do them.

Actually do two days a week out in Balbriggan, if you're near there? It's literally just a small bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

2nd hand one from adverts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

coffee grinders in power city and Argos for less than €20 if that's of any interest. we got a cookworks one years ago & its still going strong..

coffee grinders in power city and Argos for less than €20 if that's of any interest. we got a cookworks one years ago & its still going strong..

Thanks! I would get one but grinding my own beans isn't something I would be doing with any regularity so I'd be getting one just for one very small bag which is a false economy.

Reason being between my office and home we have two nespresso machines and a few cafetieres and only use ground coffee once a week now with Mrs expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a grinder and went to return it to Amazon​ who said keep it and we'll refund you..so happy days.

I grind for use in work with only 2 cups at home at the weekend. I won't pay for the euro nespresso in work!

I got a grinder and went to return it to Amazon​ who said keep it and we'll refund you..so happy days.

I grind for use in work with only 2 cups at home at the weekend. I won't pay for the euro nespresso in work!

Well thankfully its my own business so I provide "free" Nepresso for all! Purely to suit myself of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well thankfully its my own business so I provide "free" Nepresso for all! Purely to suit myself of course!

Let me have your address...I'll be right over:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Actually do two days a week out in Balbriggan, if you're near there? It's literally just a small bag!

Lusk. DM me if you want to set up a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caroldevis

Something stronger than coffee do someone has? I drink too must coffee everyday.. What do you think about Herba Mate?

Advertisement