Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir have conceded they can't provide reliable broadband - what implications for Bundl

Options
  • 29-04-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

After months and months of intermittent broadband, at least 25 engineers calling to the house, hours on the phone, Eir have conceded that they can't provide us with working Broadband.  Does anyone know the implications for our Bundle given they have failed to keep their side of providing us with Broadband?  We have tv, broadband, two mobiles and phone on the bundle.  There is 6 months left on everything but one of the mobiles has longer to run.

They have said they will "release us from our Broadband without penalty".  The cheek!  I don't want to be released from the contract, I want them to fulfil their side of it but they admit they can't.  If it was us failing to pay, they would whack us with a whole lot of charges. 

What is realistic for me to ask of them, legally speaking?  A reimbursement of just the months with intermittent Broadband?  A reimbursement for the future months to the end of the contract that they can't fulfil? 

If they fail to meet one part of the contract for a bundle, must they release us from all aspects of the bundle if we want to be released? 

Many thanks, ac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi acdublin,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

If you are unable to receive the service you have signed up to and an internal investigation has determined this, you may be let of contract for the broadband only as discussed with eir.

I'm afraid you would be unable to waive your contract early without any early cease charges as you are receiving services for your phone line and mobiles.

If you would like to PM me your account number and full name I would be more than happy to look into the account further for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement