Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Tree (Arbutus Unedo)

Options
  • 29-04-2017 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm kinda interested get into my hands Strawberry Tree. I know that I can get them in one of garden centre's, but they are expensive and imported from Holland and I was looking for one growing in Ireland. Anyone have any suggestions or strawberry tree to give away for small charge :)

Keep me update folks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

asgaard wrote: »
    Hello

I'm kinda interested get into my hands Strawberry Tree. I know that I can get them in one of garden centre's, but they are expensive and imported from Holland and I was looking for one growing in Ireland. Anyone have any suggestions or strawberry tree to give away for small charge :)

Keep me update folks.

Thanks

There are a few Irish wholesale nurseries growing them so check some other garden centres. They should cost ten to fifteen Euro for a plant around 30cm high.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can buy seeds from Chiltern Seeds - I got some strawberry trees in a mixed bag of shrub seeds years ago, and they did very well, several germinated along with a wild assortment of other shrubs, and they grew into fine bushes with little fuss. http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/search?q=Arbutus+unedo

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

looksee wrote: »
    You can buy seeds from Chiltern Seeds - I got some strawberry trees in a mixed bag of shrub seeds years ago, and they did very well, several germinated along with a wild assortment of other shrubs, and they grew into fine bushes with little fuss. http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/search?q=Arbutus+unedo

Thanks, but I was hoping to buy a tree instead of seeds :) takes to much time to grown.

lk67 wrote: »
    There are a few Irish wholesale nurseries growing them so check some other garden centres. They should cost ten to fifteen Euro for a plant around 30cm high.
    If u ever come across one of those nurseries let me know, please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement

something closer to Kildare, please ???

It's sorted, bought in garden centre (hopefuly planted in Kilkenny as they stated).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

'Most available by Mail Order.'

Advertisement