Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Certificate Confirmation

Options
  • 29-04-2017 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello, 

I went into my Business online account yesterday at 6pm and it said: 

"Warning - You will be unable to authorise payments when your Digital Certificate expires in 26 days. Please refer to Help and Support guide to order your Digital Certificate"

So I requested a new one following on the instructions on the site and then at the end it said that someone has to be contacted via phone to confirm these details? I would have normally have to pay a number of employees during the weekend (payment will occur on the next working day, in this case Tuesday cause Monday is bank holiday). But now I cannot authorize any payments, when I put in the new password it says:

ERROR

Problem found with digital signature

Therefore, I cannot make any payments. I assume this has to do with the confirmation needed for my new Digital Certificate request. When is that going to happen? Also, when requesting the new Digital Certificate it asked for a phone number and I put mine. I'm the administrator but I am not sure if my phone is the one that was registered on the BOI Profile when the account was setup (it was setup by my partner), so I am not sure if my phone number will be contacted to confirm the digital signature or not. I have no problem if my partner is contacted, but my worry is that since I wrote my number and not his, and my number might not be the one registered, the operation might prove pointless and I'll be stuck for longer time with the ability to pay people's wages. 

So, please let me know what to do to solve this problem ASAP. Thanks a lot, 

Best wishes, 

Marcus Bale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

guthlaf wrote: »
    Hello, 

I went into my Business online account yesterday at 6pm and it said: 

"Warning - You will be unable to authorise payments when your Digital Certificate expires in 26 days. Please refer to Help and Support guide to order your Digital Certificate"

So I requested a new one following on the instructions on the site and then at the end it said that someone has to be contacted via phone to confirm these details? I would have normally have to pay a number of employees during the weekend (payment will occur on the next working day, in this case Tuesday cause Monday is bank holiday). But now I cannot authorize any payments, when I put in the new password it says:

ERROR

Problem found with digital signature

Therefore, I cannot make any payments. I assume this has to do with the confirmation needed for my new Digital Certificate request. When is that going to happen? Also, when requesting the new Digital Certificate it asked for a phone number and I put mine. I'm the administrator but I am not sure if my phone is the one that was registered on the BOI Profile when the account was setup (it was setup by my partner), so I am not sure if my phone number will be contacted to confirm the digital signature or not. I have no problem if my partner is contacted, but my worry is that since I wrote my number and not his, and my number might not be the one registered, the operation might prove pointless and I'll be stuck for longer time with the ability to pay people's wages. 

So, please let me know what to do to solve this problem ASAP. Thanks a lot, 

Best wishes, 

Marcus Bale
    Hi Marcus, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

When you request a new Digital Certificate, a member of our Business On Line team will contact the Administrator to confirm the request. As you made this request on the weekend, you should be contacted today. Our Business On Line Helpdesk team is available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. If you have not yet received a call today from the team, please let us know in a private message and we will be happy to arrange this. Please click on the signature below my post here to send a private message to us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement