Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Certificate

Options
  • 30-04-2017 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just looking for some advice here.

For several reasons I was unable to study for a few years at school and subsequently did very poor in my Leaving Certificate last year , 80 points to be precise. I have now made the decision to repeat this year but the possibility of receiving the required points or not is stressing me. As I say , I got 80 points and am looking for about 470 to study primary teaching or I might study sports science which is 475 points. I would be willing to put in the work that private schools do : 9 - 9 Monday to Friday and a decent amount of study at weekends too. I would be moving to higher level English , Irish , Geography and History. I would consider Irish and English 2 of my strongest subjects.
    If anyone with some knowledge in this area could shed a light and offer some advice I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just looking for some advice here.

For several reasons I was unable to study for a few years at school and subsequently did very poor in my Leaving Certificate last year , 80 points to be precise. I have now made the decision to repeat this year but the possibility of receiving the required points or not is stressing me. As I say , I got 80 points and am looking for about 470 to study primary teaching or I might study sports science which is 475 points. I would be willing to put in the work that private schools do : 9 - 9 Monday to Friday and a decent amount of study at weekends too. I would be moving to higher level English , Irish , Geography and History. I would consider Irish and English 2 of my strongest subjects.
    If anyone with some knowledge in this area could shed a light and offer some advice I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance

This is for Leaving Cert 2018 yeah? Are you planning to do it on your own? If you are you need to get a teacher who will do the geography and history projects with you. You'll also have to find a school that will let you sit your orals and exams. Since you're looking for quite high points I'd recommend doing as many higher level subjects as you can! With a lot of work and study you'll be well able to get your points I'd say! Best of luck either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Philipkiely1

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    This is for Leaving Cert 2018 yeah? Are you planning to do it on your own? If you are you need to get a teacher who will do the geography and history projects with you. You'll also have to find a school that will let you sit your orals and exams. Since you're looking for quite high points I'd recommend doing as many higher level subjects as you can! With a lot of work and study you'll be well able to get your points I'd say! Best of luck either way!

Yes Leaving Cert 2018. No planning on going back to a school. Thanks very much!

Advertisement