Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree or shrub flowering in June

Options
  • 30-04-2017 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting married in June and as part of the ceremony there will be a memorial tree with symbols representing dead family members.

I want to get a tree (preferably) or shrub that will be in flower or fruit at the time of th ceremony.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if possible where I would get it.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's a bit of a tall order :) Most of the trees that I can think of tend to flower in April/May, by June they are going about the less spectacular business of setting fruit. Laburnum is one possibility. There are more shrubs, lilac and weigela for example, and of course roses. It might be safest to go to a garden centre the week before the wedding and buy something that you like the look of, rather than trying to be specific about a particular shrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

looksee wrote: »
    That's a bit of a tall order :) Most of the trees that I can think of tend to flower in April/May, by June they are going about the less spectacular business of setting fruit. Laburnum is one possibility. There are more shrubs, lilac and weigela for example, and of course roses. It might be safest to go to a garden centre the week before the wedding and buy something that you like the look of, rather than trying to be specific about a particular shrub.
    2 of my 3 laburnum are in flower already. They tend to flower in may though. Would be finished by June. Agree with going to garden centre a week before the date though

Advertisement