Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Swansea Bt sport 1 @ 12:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Total neutral here, but watched the game and it must be really hard for Utd fans to have to watch a team that poor, considering some of the great players they have had the pleasure to watch over recent times.

They are shockingly average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Absolute nonsense that United bottled it. They bottleled nothing, they're just a side that aren't set up to win.

They're set up to neutralise the opposition because that's all Mourinho knows how to do, hence the number of draws they've had this season.

If anything Swansea bottled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If anything Swansea bottled it.

How is that? They went out and put in one of their best performances all season against an unbeaten for 24 league games team in a game they were heavy favourites to lose, got an illegitimate penalty awarded against them on the stroke of half time and fought hard and ensured a draw, and could easily have nicked it.

Not sure what your definition of bottling it is?

• LiamoSail wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense that United bottled it. They bottleled nothing, they're just a side that aren't set up to win.

They're set up to neutralise the opposition because that's all Mourinho knows how to do, hence the number of draws they've had this season.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nope

Why? Pretty clear that's the case and a common complaint from his time at Madrid was that he was never clear with how he wanted his teams to play against sides playing deep with numbers behind the ball.

• Why? Pretty clear that's the case and a common complaint from his time at Madrid was that he was never clear with how he wanted his teams to play against sides playing deep with numbers behind the ball.

Nope

Nope

This new way you have of posting is far more interesting than your previous incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Why? Pretty clear that's the case and a common complaint from his time at Madrid was that he was never clear with how he wanted his teams to play against sides playing deep with numbers behind the ball.

Juventus neutralise and win they are not mutually exclusive, exact same thing with Chelsea 9 defenders 2 attackers. Not sure why if united do something that others do, it is seen as bad, but yet good when others do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Wait a minute. Didn't AIG support Chelsea when Mourihno was in charge?

The style of play didn't seem to offend him so much back then.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Juventus neutralise and win they are not mutually exclusive, exact same thing with Chelsea 9 defenders 2 attackers. Not sure why if united do something that others do, it is seen as bad, but yet good when others do it.

I'm talking specifically about Madrid and the feelings of some of it's most hardcore fans, sports journalists and, if you believe it, some of the players. The issue was that Mourinho's sides were, and are, designed to destroy but when they must create they struggle. Huge reliance on outstanding individuals having a moment of magic and not enough creativity through systematic play.

Wait a minute. Didn't AIG support Chelsea when Mourihno was in charge?

I didn't say I'm offended. Just that LiamO's comment lines up with the consensus of his time at Madrid, and Chelsea to a lesser extent.

• Wait a minute. Didn't AIG support Chelsea when Mourihno was in charge?

Have a read of his comments in the Liverpool Chelsea match thread when Stevie slipped
    Funny to read but validates my thoughts on his posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Have a read of his comments in the Liverpool Chelsea match thread when Stevie slipped

Give us a link lad

Nope.

• pjohnson wrote: »
    Give us a link lad

Yep! Enjoy!

Edit*

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057195783

On page 85

I feel like you have an odd obsession with that thread, not the first time you've mentioned it out of the blue or posted a link to it. You'd swear it was something incriminating, though I can stand by literally every comment I make. I do also find it interesting that Mick, when confronted with a genuine football opinion, can just post "nope" and then post links to 4(?) Year old match threads and have no intention to talk about football. All this and yet, on this forum, I am the infamous one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yep! Enjoy!

Edit*

I think i'll refrain from reading that thread. :(

• I feel like you have an odd obsession with that thread, not the first time you've mentioned it out of the blue or posted a link to it. You'd swear it was something incriminating, though I can stand by literally every comment I make. I do also find it interesting that Mick, when confronted with a genuine football opinion, can just post "nope" and then post links to 4(?) Year old match threads and have no intention to talk about football. All this and yet, on this forum, I am the infamous one?

I try not engage with you because I don't believe you post anything genuine so you only deserve nope.
    And anyway I wasn't posting to you I was responding to Liamosall. When he responds I will discuss why I believe he's wrong.

That thread Is 3 years old by the way and it was highlighted to me a few days ago. First time for me to bring it up.
    And it's in line with Jose when he only left Madrid one season.
    It shows to me how much bull****e you post just for giggles but that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement

• monkey9 wrote: »
    I think i'll refrain from reading that thread. :(

Apologies wasn't bringing it up for that reason. It's for the above.

I try not engage with you because I don't believe you post anything genuine so you only deserve nope.
    And anyway I wasn't posting to you I was responding to Liamosall. When he responds I will discuss why I believe he's wrong.

That thread It's 3 years old by the way and it was highlighted to me a few days ago. First time for me to bring it up.
    And it's in line with Jose when he only left Madrid one season.
    It shows to me how much bull****e you post just for giggles but that's just my opinion.

"I try not to interact with you"

Mate, in Boards terms I'm Sisyphus and you're my boulder. You're everywhere I go.

I do wonder if you can just choose to talk about anything but football with another poster and yet if I don't answer every question I'm asked suddenly I'm in thd wrong if there's not something wrong with that.

How about, instead of posting cryptic messages about a 3 year old match thread, you ask me about any comments I made that might cause you concern? If you are worried about this all being off topic then please do feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm talking specifically about Madrid and the feelings of some of it's most hardcore fans, sports journalists and, if you believe it, some of the players. The issue was that Mourinho's sides were, and are, designed to destroy but when they must create they struggle. Huge reliance on outstanding individuals having a moment of magic and not enough creativity through systematic play.

Wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

"I try not to interact with you"

Mate, in Boards terms I'm Sisyphus and you're my boulder. You're everywhere I go.

I do wonder if you can just choose to talk about anything but football with another poster and yet if I don't answer every question I'm asked suddenly I'm in thd wrong if there's not something wrong with that.

How about, instead of posting cryptic messages about a 3 year old match thread, you ask me about any comments I made that might cause you concern? If you are worried about this all being off topic then please do feel free to pm me.
    In fairness I can't see how mick a Manchester United fan is like following you considering that this is a thread re a united game!!! It appears to me that you are constantly in united related threads!!! But that's none of my business if you are a closet fan 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yep! Enjoy!

Edit*

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057195783

On page 85
    That thread was a classic 😂

You should have posted that in the humour thread mick 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wrong.

Hes also the "best manager of his generation" and re: tactics "His team have gone out there today under a black cloud and they've performed Mourinho's vision to perfection.

• Advertisement

I feel like you have an odd obsession with that thread, not the first time you've mentioned it out of the blue or posted a link to it. You'd swear it was something incriminating, though I can stand by literally every comment I make. I do also find it interesting that Mick, when confronted with a genuine football opinion, can just post "nope" and then post links to 4(?) Year old match threads and have no intention to talk about football. All this and yet, on this forum, I am the infamous one?

In fairness it is a bit mad that a thread like that still resonates on someones radar but I have just had a gawk at a few of the comments you made on there and I can kind of see why!!

Although you will try to deny, or refuse to concede the hypocrisy with regard the criticism you are throwing at Jose and the patronising of United fans who have "to put up with/watch his stale brand of anti-football", it is clearly evident.

""Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho" rings around Anfield, the Portuguese man of war has done it again. The best manager of his generation,( Bridesmaid Pep? ) kook at that celebration, he's Chelsea through and through ( :D ). His team have gone out there today under a black cloud and they've performed Mourinho's vision to perfection."

Come on AIG, you have been reading football books since 3! :D You can't just swap and change your opinion on the "best manager of his generation " in a year or so to such a drastic degree.

I just typed in best manager of his generation Mourinho boards.ie Andersonisgod into google and numerous threads came up!

I am sure if I done the same with Pep, they would come up also!

You applaud that Chelsea team and most notably Jose's management of them and admit that all they need is a 20 goal striker like Costa and you can't give Jose, at United, the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to build a similar project at United.
    25 league games unbeaten, one defeat in all competitions since that time, multiple scoring chances missed in majority of all those draws they couldn't turn into wins during that time, an injury ravaged squad at times and players like Valencia, Rojo and Bailly who have barely got a match off and are playing twice a week most weeks..

What if we get Griezzmann next year alongside Rashford? Don't have half the injury crisis we had, have Pogba more settled in, a couple more players.

Maybe you just watched the "big United games" during this season.

What has made your idolisation of Jose back then depreciate to pure mockery at times in the intervening period or, more aptly, since he joined United?

Or am I answering my own question there?

In fairness you could find plenty of quotes from people knocking Mourinhio a few years back who now praise his tactics.

If anyone could be bothered checking on a bank holiday Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    You seemed to care about diving the other night.

Funny that.

I wonder if that poster who hates diving cheats includes Rashford in that too along with Aguero and Herrera.

You're going to have to quote them because I'm using my phone here,no chance am I going through pages and pages of posts

• RoboKlopp wrote: »
    In fairness you could find plenty of quotes from people knocking Mourinhio a few years back who now praise his tactics.

And yet here you are posting about it

• Advertisement

You're going to have to quote them because I'm using my phone here,no chance am I going through pages and pages of posts

I will do later, soz I'm on mobile at the moment

I will do later, soz I'm on mobile at the moment

Am
    Just after logging in on ma iPad an can see noting from me on that thread.

Imremeber the day though. Started off with g&ts on a balcony, descended into mayhem when Now TV failed and went off a cliff after that. So in nay expecting quality posting...

• In fairness it is a bit mad that a thread like that still resonates on someones radar but I have just had a gawk at a few of the comments you made on there and I can kind of see why!!

Although you will try to deny, or refuse to concede the hypocrisy with regard the criticism you are throwing at Jose and the patronising of United fans who have "to put up with/watch his stale brand of anti-football", it is clearly evident.

""Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho" rings around Anfield, the Portuguese man of war has done it again. The best manager of his generation,( Bridesmaid Pep? ) kook at that celebration, he's Chelsea through and through ( :D ). His team have gone out there today under a black cloud and they've performed Mourinho's vision to perfection."

Come on AIG, you have been reading football books since 3! :D You can't just swap and change your opinion on the "best manager of his generation " in a year or so to such a drastic degree.

I just typed in best manager of his generation Mourinho boards.ie Andersonisgod into google and numerous threads came up!

You applaud that Chelsea team and most notably Jose's management of them and admit that all they need is a 20 goal striker like Costa and you can't give Jose, at United, the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to build a similar project at United.
    25 league games unbeaten, one defeat in all competitions since that time, multiple scoring chances missed in majority of all those draws they couldn't turn into wins during that time, an injury ravaged squad at times and players like Valencia, Rojo and Bailly who have barely got a match off and are playing twice a week most weeks..

What if we get Griezzmann next year alongside Rashford? Don't have half the injury crisis we had, have Pogba more settled in, a couple more players.

What has made your idolisation of Jose back then depreciate to pure mockery at times in the intervening period or, more aptly, since he joined United?

Quality post. Exactly what most sensible posters are thinking. Calling out the bull****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who was Herrera trying to confuse?

Am
    Just after logging in on ma iPad an can see noting from me on that thread.

Imremeber the day though. Started off with g&ts on a balcony, descended into mayhem when Now TV failed and went off a cliff after that. So in nay expecting quality posting...

Talking bread sorted it

In fairness it is a bit mad that a thread like that still resonates on someones radar but I have just had a gawk at a few of the comments you made on there and I can kind of see why!!

The only thing about that quote I'm embarrassed about is spelling the word "look" wrong.

Was I wrong? I dunno. In 2014(?) Is Mourinho one of the best coaches in the world? It's debatable. Ok, Real Madrid was a complete debacle, while it's a serious black mark against Mourinho clearly I was willing to overlook it as a blip. Was I biased? Possibly him being the new Chelsea coach, replacing Benitez, did influence my feelings at the time and perhaps that was wrong. Do I think I was wrong to consider Mourinho among the best coaches in the world in 2014? No, I don't.

Of course 3 years on, the Chelsea job will be viewed as a disappointment. The coach in question has become more bitter and more entrenched in his view that everyone is out to get him. His boiling point, normally reserved for the 3rd season of his tenures, suddenly occur far earlier than that. All of that against a backdrop of wonderfully talented, progressive coaches rising to the top of the game, and now this woefully poor first campaign with the squad he has at his disposal at Man Utd. In 2017, is Mourinho one of the best coaches in the world? No.

I can't. The direction he's moving in is wrong. There's nothing to suggest otherwise this season. With that squad Man Utd should be winning this league. Unlike at Chelsea at the time where they needed a 20 goal a season striker, Man Utd have one of the top 10 players in the world in Ibrahimovic, they've got a squad the envy of every other in England but the football he has them playing is dire, particularly compared to the other top 5 teams in the league.

Football has moved on, turns out Real Madrid wasn't a blip, it was the rest of Mourinho's career, he's never recovered from it. By all means do save a link to this match thread, get back to me in 3 years and let's see how this prediction/assessment of Mourinho stands up.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I guess it comes with the territory of having my own followers/fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

In fairness I can't see how mick a Manchester United fan is like following you considering that this is a thread re a united game!!! It appears to me that you are constantly in united related threads!!! But that's none of my business if you are a closet fan 😉

Trolls follow the crowd, so it wouldn't really surprise anybody if United became his latest favourite ever club with the bestest ever manager, it would be just as genuine as anything he has written up to this point.

Trolls follow the crowd, so it wouldn't really surprise anybody if United became his latest favourite ever club with the bestest ever manager, it would be just as genuine as anything he has written up to this point.

Match thread was dead, I make a short football observation and look what happens. I bring the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Match thread was dead, I make a short football observation and look what happens. I bring the party.

I thought I told you to stop reading my posts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I wonder if that poster who hates diving cheats includes Rashford in that too along with Aguero and Herrera.

I wonder if the ones posting in here getting their knickers in a twist over Rashfords dive are posting in the City and Spurs threads with their knickers similarly twisted about the dives in those games....

The only thing about that quote I'm embarrassed about is spelling the word "look" wrong.

Was I wrong? I dunno. In 2014(?) Is Mourinho one of the best coaches in the world? It's debatable. Ok, Real Madrid was a complete debacle, while it's a serious black mark against Mourinho clearly I was willing to overlook it as a blip. Was I biased? Possibly him being the new Chelsea coach, replacing Benitez, did influence my feelings at the time and perhaps that was wrong. Do I think I was wrong to consider Mourinho among the best coaches in the world in 2014? No, I don't.

Of course 3 years on, the Chelsea job will be viewed as a disappointment. The coach in question has become more bitter and more entrenched in his view that everyone is out to get him. His boiling point, normally reserved for the 3rd season of his tenures, suddenly occur far earlier than that. All of that against a backdrop of wonderfully talented, progressive coaches rising to the top of the game, and now this woefully poor first campaign with the squad he has at his disposal at Man Utd. In 2017, is Mourinho one of the best coaches in the world? No.

I can't. The direction he's moving in is wrong. There's nothing to suggest otherwise this season. With that squad Man Utd should be winning this league. Unlike at Chelsea at the time where they needed a 20 goal a season striker, Man Utd have one of the top 10 players in the world in Ibrahimovic, they've got a squad the envy of every other in England but the football he has them playing is dire, particularly compared to the other top 5 teams in the league.

Football has moved on, turns out Real Madrid wasn't a blip, it was the rest of Mourinho's career, he's never recovered from it. By all means do save a link to this match thread, get back to me in 3 years and let's see how this prediction/assessment of Mourinho stands up.

Jose's first season at United has been "woefully poor"???????

What a ridiculous comment. Normally reserved for the teenage posters on the threads.
    They have played circa 65 games this season and counting, unbeaten run in the league for 25, could finish 3rd or 4th with a bit of luck (most likely not though), have won a trophy, on the verge of winning another after a gruelling campaign, a European one. They were eliminated in the 1/4 finals of the other with 10 men for almost the whole game to the league winners (who they comprehensively beat a few games later)
    Have been subjected to freakish injuries, which has left Jose with a somewhat depleted squad for the last few months with plenty of injuries the first half of the season.
    He has got the most out of Zlatan, a 35 year old man scoring almost 30 goals this season, has helped Rashford through a sticky non scoring period and kept his confidence up and look at him now.
    Has built a brilliant defence despite all the injuries endured.
    He has rejuvenated Mkitaryan.
    Herrera is like a new player, Fellaini has impressed, as have Lingaard and Martial, and Valencia is one of the best full backs in the league.

Pogba, despite all the detractors, to the keen football observer has had a good season and will only get better.

"Woeful season"

Now I know you are a, well you know the accusation that can't be used on boards' threads!

Twist it with your AIG spin, your "best squad in England" nonsense and your media fighting sh1t talk.

I don't care. You have proven yourself to just be bias and a fraud despite all your book reading since you were 3.

There was a thread up announcing Mourinho's arrival atime United and it was then you set out your anti-Jose agenda. You immediately claimed he was past it.
    As you said it is utter bias and "Pepoganda" nonsense.

Has Peps season been a woefulong disaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There was a thread up announcing Mourinho's arrival atime United and it was then you set out your anti-Jose agenda. You immediately claimed he was past it.
    As you said it is utter bias and "Pepoganda" nonsense.

Has Peps season been a woefulong disaster?

Pep's teams do well = Pep is a genius.

Pep's teams do poorly = Players fault as they don't understand what he wants to do.

Jose at Chelsea = Greatest manager of a generation.

Jose at United = Past it.

So say Andersonisfraud.

I guess it comes with the territory of having my own followers/fans.

This is some fixation with you.

Sure, if attacks become personal or abusive it's a valid response.

But to every perceived slight or criticism? It's a bit silly really.

He has got the most out of Zlatan, a 35 year old man scoring almost 30 goals this season, has helped Rashford through a sticky non scoring period and kept his confidence up and look at him now.
    Herrera is like a new player, Fellaini has impressed, as have Lingaard and Martial, and Valencia is one of the best full backs in the league.

Pogba, despite all the detractors, to the keen football observer has had a good season and will only get better.

You're clutching at straws a wee bit here.

He got the most out of Zlatan? Hardly an achievement getting performances out of a player who's just off the back of his best ever season (in goal scoring terms) and had been the league's player of the year the last 3 or so years. He's one of the best of his generation, Steve Stauntion could get a performance out of Zlatan.

And what exactly did Mkitaryan need rejuvenating from? Again, a player who last year was player of the year in Germany. He didn't need rejuvenating

Pogba is the worlds most expensive player. Mourinho should be getting more out of him, and as for Martial, again the worlds most expensive teenager, Mourinho should be getting performances out of him.

I'm not saying it's been a disaster of a season but the fact is he's taken a side that finished 5th or 6th, added the player of the year from France, the player of the year from Germany, and the worlds most expensive player, and is likely to finish 5th again. Even a UEFA cup win doesn't make that impressive

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I wonder if the ones posting in here getting their knickers in a twist over Rashfords dive are posting in the City and Spurs threads with their knickers similarly twisted about the dives in those games....

Or if the ones labelling Aguero a cheat and disgrace are saying the same about Rashford. These cheats are at every club.

Jose's first season at United has been "woefully poor"???????

What a ridiculous comment. Normally reserved for the teenage posters on the threads.
    They have played circa 65 games this season and counting, unbeaten run in the league for 25, could finish 3rd or 4th with a bit of luck (most likely not though), have won a trophy, on the verge of winning another after a gruelling campaign, a European one. They were eliminated in the 1/4 finals of the other with 10 men for almost the whole game to the league winners (who they comprehensively beat a few games later)
    Have been subjected to freakish injuries, which has left Jose with a somewhat depleted squad for the last few months with plenty of injuries the first half of the season.

"Woeful season"

Now I know you are a, well you know the accusation that can't be used on boards' threads!

Twist it with your AIG spin, your "best squad in England" nonsense and your media fighting sh1t talk.

I don't care. You have proven yourself to just be bias and a fraud despite all your book reading since you were 3.

I seem to gave upset you verbal bread. I didn't want that to happen. All of this talk about frauds, spin and anti-Mourinho agendas isn't normally like you. I wont go too deep down this hole because this feels like it might be a touchy subject for you and I don't wanna cause any distress.

They've gone unbeaten...yes, but they are 5th. I can't think of any less impressive prolonged unbeaten run than Man Utd's.

It's the Europa League. A competition Mourinho has very publicly derided a few times and a competition he has used to attack other coaches for winning. With the squad at his disposal and the relatively eeak field in the competition this year it'd be quite something if they didn't win it.

Freakish injuries, no more over the course of the season than other clubs. And no other coach has the riches in quality cover that Mourinho does.

He's gotten the best out of Zlatan? Yes he's had an excellent season, but you make him sound like a charity case rather than one of the top 10 players in world football, when was the last time he didn't have a 20 goal season?

I lol'ed at the other descriptions. His handling of Rashford and Shaw has been bixarre. Mkhitaryan only needed rejuvenating because of how Mourinho treated him in the first place, he arrived at Man Utd as one of the most complete attacking players in world football. Martial has, if anything, gone backwards under Mourinho in some respects and looks devoid of confidence most of the time. Fellaini is flourishing but he is key to so much of what Mourinho wants this Man Utd side to be.

You don't need to be a 3 year old with remarkable reading ability to see that Mourinho's only success this season is lowering the expectation of the Man Utd fanbase to such a degree that challenging for 4th and maybe winning tge Europa League is a success and doing it all while playing dire football with the best, and most expensive, squad in England.

This is some fixation with you.

Sure, if attacks become personal or abusive it's a valid response.

But to every perceived slight or criticism? It's a bit silly really.

Absolutely, you'd swear I'd committed some terrible crime to incite this mob mentality. I haven't though, I just like to talk about football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Andersonisgod:

- proven to have pretended to be a Real fan on another forum

- twitter account found where he openly boasts about trolling boards

These are the only things you need to know. There is clearly no point in discussing football with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement