Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Swansea Bt sport 1 @ 12:00

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Or if the ones labelling Aguero a cheat and disgrace are saying the same about Rashford. These cheats are at every club.

And yet it would appear it bothers people more when its a United player that is involved with it.

Funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pro. F wrote: »
    Andersonisgod:

- proven to have pretended to be a Real fan on another forum

- twitter account found where he openly boasts about trolling boards

These are the only things you need to know. There is clearly no point in discussing football with him.

-explained all of these things

-childhood reading prodigy

-arguably the best poster on Boards

You need to know those things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Explained nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I wonder if that poster who hates diving cheats includes Rashford in that too along with Aguero and Herrera.

Nowhere to be seen since the game funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Andersonisgod:

These are the only things you need to know. There is clearly no point in discussing football with him.
    There's a village out there missing a prominent member of the community.

• Advertisement

Rod Munch wrote: »
    And yet it would appear it bothers people more when its a United player that is involved with it.

Funny that.

Incorrect. That's just your biased opinion.

The biggest supported will get the most traffic on here, be it positive or negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

-childhood reading prodigy

-arguably the best poster on Boards

You need to know those things too.
    I dunno I'd say second best. One of the AH lads is more amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The discussion about Mourinho's success and failings this season has been changed into a discussion on AIG's merits as a poster. Even Mourinho himself would be proud of that deflection from his failings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The discussion about Mourinho's success and failings this season has been changed into a discussion on AIG's merits as a poster. Even Mourinho himself would be proud of that deflection from his failings

Ha! Very true! As would AIG, no doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

LiamoSail wrote: »
    AIG is far more similar to Mourinho than he realises.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I seem to gave upset you verbal bread. I didn't want that to happen. All of this talk about frauds, spin and anti-Mourinho agendas isn't normally like you. I wont go too deep down this hole because this feels like it might be a touchy subject for you and I don't wanna cause any distress.

They've gone unbeaten...yes, but they are 5th. I can't think of any less impressive prolonged unbeaten run than Man Utd's.

It's the Europa League. A competition Mourinho has very publicly derided a few times and a competition he has used to attack other coaches for winning. With the squad at his disposal and the relatively eeak field in the competition this year it'd be quite something if they didn't win it.

Freakish injuries, no more over the course of the season than other clubs. And no other coach has the riches in quality cover that Mourinho does.

He's gotten the best out of Zlatan? Yes he's had an excellent season, but you make him sound like a charity case rather than one of the top 10 players in world football, when was the last time he didn't have a 20 goal season?

I lol'ed at the other descriptions. His handling of Rashford and Shaw has been bixarre. Mkhitaryan only needed rejuvenating because of how Mourinho treated him in the first place, he arrived at Man Utd as one of the most complete attacking players in world football. Martial has, if anything, gone backwards under Mourinho in some respects and looks devoid of confidence most of the time. Fellaini is flourishing but he is key to so much of what Mourinho wants this Man Utd side to be.

You don't need to be a 3 year old with remarkable reading ability to see that Mourinho's only success this season is lowering the expectation of the Man Utd fanbase to such a degree that challenging for 4th and maybe winning tge Europa League is a success and doing it all while playing dire football with the best, and most expensive, squad in England.

I think you are interpreting what I mean about Zlatan wrong to be honest. I would like to see anyone's opinion from last Summer anticipating that Zlatan would contribute as much as he has. In fairness Zlatan has been shown up many times this season but Jose has a very special relationship with him and has kept him firmly on his toes, mentality wise. For you to contemplate that you have to tell me of his talents is silly. And, may I ask you, would you still consider him in the "top 10 players in world football" bracket, just out of curiosity.

Re Mkitharyan, I agree, there was a wierd relationship at the start of the season with him and Jose was impatient with him a lot of the time but on further analysis it is clear that he did take a few months to settle into English football and now he is settling very well. If he was, as you said, in your over enthused manner one of the most complete attacking players in world football, it is laughable to think that Jose could neutralise him so quickly. There was clearly other issues rather than simply not getting enough game time and he did not impress for the most part when he did get opportunities until December. He certainly didn't impress upon many that haven't seen much of him before this season as a player to be considered "one of the most complete attacking players in world football". Of course that is Mourinho's fault.
    Yet when Aguero has been poor, as many others have been during the season for City not ONCE have you laid any sort of blame on Pep, not once.

It is shocking you can't see the bias.

Similarly with Rashford and Martial, again there were times that it seemed to the untrained eye that he was being considerably harsh on them. This is Rashford's first proper full season and he has, with a few setbacks and an unusual goalscoring barren spell, gradually maintained the gallop he started last Spring and is a stunning talent. It is not easy to do that with a player with such expectations and it is clear he is a better player now than last Spring. Obviously with age and experience that will happen but it also requires proper management.

Look at Mata, Valencia, Fellaini, Herrera, Rojo, even Jones and Darmian. All performing better under him than many expected. Carrick has also had an excellent season, considering he is approaching 36 years of age.
    I mention Mata as many expected him to be sold or be a bench warmer but Jose has, and not that he deserves great credit for it, acknowledged how important a player he is.

Martial has been a strange one for me and I understand the criticism he got for his game management of the player who clearly is a prodigious talent but I think he is incrementally trying to discipline him to the plans he has for the team. Again, like you did with Jose on his comeback season at Chelsea or this season with Pep, and as I am sure you have done with Klopp and will do with whoever takes over at Barca next season, why can't you allow him this season to give him the benefit of the doubt that such players will be proven to have been subjected to the necessary discipline needed to challenge for a title in an extremely competitive 5 fold of teams (ommitting, perhaps a tad harshly, Arsenal)

Again, because you are making a special case for Jose.
    Man Utd don't get a result: Jose's fault
    Barca don't get a result: Enrique's fault
    Man Utd get a result: Go into your shell
    Barca get a result: "Over exuberant Messi adulation "
    Man City/Liverpool/Barca don't get a result: players fault (no reference to management)
    Man City get a result : Pep is a genious. He is building a team, give him time!

"Freakish injuries, no more over the course of the season than other clubs. And no other coach has the riches in quality cover that Mourinho does."

I want you to elaborate on this point, back it up

And so what if it is the Europa league and he has, in his trolling manner, slagged it off previously. It is now a competition where to win it assures you of Champions League football and for Jose to abandon past "beliefs" (or mere trolling) and put his best into achieving the rewards, that in the past, didn't merit such an effort, he should be given some applause. If they get Champions League through that avenue, that is good and sensible management. It certainly does not fall into your "woeful" management accusation!
    The Europa League for a team like United means moreso the Champions League ticket and Jose has acknowledged this. Would you prefer if he sustained the supposed opinion he had before and not put effort into it?
    I don't quite get your point on this??

I am sure you will spin it a bit though.

As I explained already, the unbeaten record is blighted by draws but I have also mentioned (and you may need an update as I anticipate you didn't watch many of these) many of those draws featured aspects arguably out of his hands such as multiple missed chances (if Aguero missed so many chances, not Peps fault so why is it Joses fault), some excellent defensive play and backs to the wall defending.
    Players like Zlatan were missing sitters, Pogba must have hit the woodwork a dozen times.

So for many of those draws, the score doesn't tell you the full story.

Also your last paragraph doesn't quite equate to the original point I pulled you up on, ie your agenda based opinion that Jose had a "Woeful season"

But I guess ignorance is bliss. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Korat wrote: »
    There's a village out there missing a prominent member of the community.

LOL

Andersonisgod:

Well said should be quoted anytime he posts

Andersonisgod contingency plans? I guess they don't call me the scourge of Man Utd Boards for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Andersonisgod contingency plans? I guess they don't call me the scourge of Man Utd Boards for nothing.

They don't call you that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

51eAl99h%2BYL.jpg

Andersonisgod:

Great idea 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I for one still eagerly await AIG's response to Bread's arguments from earlier today...

Arghus wrote: »
    I for one still eagerly await AIG's response to Bread's arguments from earlier today...

I like Bread, I'd like to get to his argument but my time is limited. The few moments I get to spend on this forum today have unfortunately been taken up by the Boards equivalent of velociraptors which has unfortunately meant that I was unable to give Bread's argument the time and response it deserved. While me shoo-ing away the swipes of my dedicated followers is funny and can make for some good light hearted reading it does hinder my ability to actually make good football debate, which is what happened on this occasion.

• Advertisement

Plausible...Arguing with vehemence against sustained logic can be quite time consuming. I will grant you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think we should get back on track again and talk about Rashford diving, or utd bottling another great opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think we should get back on track again and talk about Rashford diving, or utd bottling another great opportunity.

Irony is when Liverpool fans talk about bottling.

Ah, now we're back on track...sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, now we're back on track...sadly.

Is it any worse in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

niallo27 wrote: »
    Give him a break, he slipped. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Korat wrote: »
    Give him a break, he slipped. :D

Too soon :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement