Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get golf clubs for young children?

• 30-04-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

my 6 year old son is interested in golf and likes to have a go with my adults clubs when he gets the chance.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up a couple of junior clubs for him (and I mean a couple - an iron and a putter), but have no idea where I could get them in Limerick. I thought I might be able to pick them up second hand somewhere, but have had no luck so far.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much as there's every chance his interest will fade as quickly as it developed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You should be able to ask in one of the golf shops like glessons sports or the place down Gerald griffin street, to get a club cut down to size for a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Hoppermcgrath

osarusan wrote: »
    Hi all,

my 6 year old son is interested in golf and likes to have a go with my adults clubs when he gets the chance.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up a couple of junior clubs for him (and I mean a couple - an iron and a putter), but have no idea where I could get them in Limerick. I thought I might be able to pick them up second hand somewhere, but have had no luck so far.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much as there's every chance his interest will fade as quickly as it developed.

Try Pro Shop at Ballyneety Driving range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

McGuirks out in Castletroy, nearSupervalu, have a junior section with sets of clubs for kids.

http://www.mcguirksgolf.com/c/junior-complete-sets/46

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6658285,-8.5533068,16z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Did you get sorted? I have a child's set here that I can move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

gave this link to friend of mine who's selling some - hopefully he'll get on to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

LB6 wrote: »
    gave this link to friend of mine who's selling some - hopefully he'll get on to you
    Thanks for that, but I actually got clubs already, and my son has been hacking up the ground since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sportsworld maybe?

Advertisement