Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent Email?

Options
  • 30-04-2017 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have already fowarded this to 365security at boi.com, but I am posting here anyway since other people might have the same question. I did not click on any links just in case it's a virus. I believe this to be a phishing email since I have never made any transactions with Go Daddy. I still have that 1% doubt about it which is another reason why I am posting it here. :( 

It came from ian.boardman at fieldcourt.co.uk

Dear customer,

We recorded a payment request from ''godaddy.com'' to enable the charge of 84.00 EUR/month to your account.

[th]Product[/th]
    [th]Unit Price[/th]
    [th]Price[/th]

domain24 
    1 x
    84.00 EUR
    84.00 EUR

Total
    84.00 EUR

Your invoice number is: *
    THE PAYMENT IS PENDING FOR THE MOMENT. 
    If you made this transaction or if you just authorize this payment, please ignore or remove this e-mail message. 
    >> If you didn't make this payment and would like to decline it, *LINK HERE* and complete the cancellation process.
    Sincerely,
    Ian Boardman
    Bank of Ireland Security Department

© 2017 Bank of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I received the exact same email, even down to the amount. I deleted it straight away. No idea what GoDaddy even is.
    Don't know where your 1℅ doubt comes from. It didn't even come from an Irish BOI email address. It's a phishing attempt, no doubt about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShnApple

Thanks @Cheshire cat. The 1% comes from paranoia. lol.

GoDaddy is a domain registry and webhost. Nothing sinister about that at all. Might be a terrible hosting service, but will leave it at that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

ShnApple wrote: »
    I have already fowarded this to 365security at boi.com, but I am posting here anyway since other people might have the same question. I did not click on any links just in case it's a virus. I believe this to be a phishing email since I have never made any transactions with Go Daddy. I still have that 1% doubt about it which is another reason why I am posting it here. :( 

It came from ian.boardman at fieldcourt.co.uk

Dear customer,

We recorded a payment request from ''godaddy.com'' to enable the charge of 84.00 EUR/month to your account.

[th]Product[/th]
    [th]Unit Price[/th]
    [th]Price[/th]

domain24 
    1 x
    84.00 EUR
    84.00 EUR

Total
    84.00 EUR

Your invoice number is: *
    THE PAYMENT IS PENDING FOR THE MOMENT. 
    If you made this transaction or if you just authorize this payment, please ignore or remove this e-mail message. 
    >> If you didn't make this payment and would like to decline it, *LINK HERE* and complete the cancellation process.
    Sincerely,
    Ian Boardman
    Bank of Ireland Security Department

© 2017 Bank of Ireland
    Good Morning ShnApple, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Your concerns are very valid as this is indeed a Phishing email and was not sent by Bank of Ireland. Just to clarify, we would not send emails requesting customers to click on any links to confirm account specific information. You've done the correct thing by sending this to our security team at 365security@boi.com and we'd suggest that you now delete the email. 

We have further information about security on your account here on our website. 

Thank you again for getting in touch and sharing this here on Boards.ie. 

Elaine 

Advertisement