Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas bills seem excessive

Options
  • 30-04-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

3 bed terraced old redbrick house..2 adults out all day..gas bills seem mad...any idea what average yearly should be? I'll try tot up ours but it seems v high..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Zipppy wrote: »
    3 bed terraced old redbrick house..2 adults out all day..gas bills seem mad...any idea what average yearly should be? I'll try tot up ours but it seems v high..

How much is it? What are you paying per unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Grawns wrote:
    How much is it? What are you paying per unit?

not sure on per unit but about €1200 in last year..just the two of us..out at work all day..seems a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are you on estimated or actual readings?

If on actual readings then unit cost is your next stop. Check on bonkers.ie for the best value for your usage..... there's a bit of work in it but well worth it.

Sounds a lot if its heating and water only. I don't remember our bill exceeding 100 euro for two months, no where near that in summer. 3 bed house also with 2 people living there. We would light a fire every night during winter too though (free supply of timber for it) so heating would not be on all evening even on a cold night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Activewearuser

If the property is old it could be possible that it is not properly insulated so you are losing a lot of heat. I am living in a 2 room old house and the heating bill for 2 months is €300. Same as yourself 2 adults out from 7am - 7pm, heat on two hours a day.

You also have to look at the unit cost and provider, it might be of benefit to change provider if you can get cheaper rates elsewhere.

There could also be a genuine reason - such as hot water staying on all time due to a fault.

Advertisement