Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North London Derby Match Thread

• 30-04-2017 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs should be ahead.

Tame enough fare so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i hope we dont end up regretting those 2 misses..

coys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arsenal are going to nick this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

can see Xhaka getting Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Ox having a busy time of it, Ozil on a go slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Insane how much space Davies is getting in the final third. Hasn't yet made it count though. The 2 vs 1 is on all the time. Giroud certainly wouldn't be my choice when playing against a back 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Deli Alli!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nice block Ox

dele alli he scores when he likes!

this is too good

penalty come on kane peno

• Advertisement

2-0! Go on Kane!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Looked like a dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Perfectly placed that penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

That is how to take a pen.

5 pl goals for kane against arese in his last 5

we want 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does he catch Kane with the initial kick? Very hard to see on the replays they showed. If he gave it for the Kanes foot touching the Arsenal player then it's a dive.

Brainless Gabriel, just swings a boot at the ball instead of ushering Kane out wide.

we want 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kane made the most of it, but it's definitely a penalty. If you hang your leg out like that in the box, you really need to get the ball.

I love the way the ref awarded it. Blew the whistle and waited a second as the crowd went silent and then pointed to the spot as the Spurs fans erupted. Great drama.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Brainless Gabriel, just swings a boot at the ball instead of ushering Kane out wide.

He's a **** footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Penalty + foul here
    <snip>
    Looking at it again yes it's a penalty poor effort at a tackle from Arsenal defender, Kane then makes sure by throwing himself to the floor.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Kane made the most of it, but it's definitely a penalty. If you hang your leg out like that in the box, you really need to get the ball.

I love the way the ref awarded it. Blew the whistle and waited a second as the crowd went silent and then pointed to the spot as the Spurs fans erupted. Great drama.

If Gabriel gets him with the initial kick fair enough, I don't think the replays they showed showed it 100% clearcut. The second contact definitely isn't a penalty though, the 'Ashley Young hanging leg' type action.

Wenger using Welbeck as a wing back. The lols continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Spurs are really turning the screw.

More shots on target for Vertonghen than Sanchez today?

Corholio wrote: »
    If Gabriel gets him with the initial kick fair enough, I don't think the replays they showed showed it 100% clearcut. The second contact definitely isn't a penalty though, the 'Ashley Young hanging leg' type action.

You'd think he would have done the decent thing and tucked his leg behind his ear to get it out of the way.

He was kicked, possibly not hard enough to send him sprawling. But the defender got the player, not the ball, tough luck when a striker makes the most of it.

On their collective arses, all over the shop, should be another peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That was a penalty. Lol at Sanchez claiming it hit him in the armpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sounds like you think you know more about the game than a man who has kept his team in the top four for twenty years?

• Advertisement

sanchez lucky not to give away a peno for that handball v son!

couple of great saves by cech esp from superjan

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sounds like you think you know more about the game than a man who has kept his team in the top four for twenty years?

Or I'm commenting on a strange decision of a manager under enormous pressure, trying a system that looks poorly rehearsed and who is now throwing players into seemingly random places.

You'd think he would have done the decent thing and tucked his leg behind his ear to get it out of the way.

He was kicked, possibly not hard enough to send him sprawling. But the defender got the player, not the ball, tough luck when a striker makes the most of it.

Didnt say anything about him making 'the most of it', it was which touch was the penalty. As i said if it was the first fair enough, on another replay it could have been clearer of course. Kane kicking him in the back of the leg wasn't a penalty of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Spurs a definite level ahead of Arsenal. Deserve their lead.

Was a definitely a penalty.

I do wish Sky would stop having ex players commentating on their old teams. It clouds their judgement.

This is pretty much my view on those scenarios. If a defender sticks his leg out like that in the box and doesn't win or get anywhere near the ball, it's tough luck. Either win the ball or just accept the consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Welbeck often played on the wing under Ferguson and was expected to help out considerably in defence so its hardly a new thing for him to be going up and down the wing

• Advertisement

Or I'm commenting on a strange decision of a manager under enormous pressure, trying a system that looks poorly rehearsed and who is now throwing players into seemingly random places.

Is it a "Kompany up front" moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

astradave wrote:
    Welbeck often played on the wing under Ferguson and was expected to help out considerably in defence so its hardly a new thing for him to be going up and down the wing

In a season where Milner, Son, Chamberlain, Moses & Jesus Navas played there I have seen worse

davycc wrote: »
    sanchez lucky not to give away a peno for that handball v son!

couple of great saves by cech esp from superjan

I can understand the ref not awarding it because on first viewing, it seems like it's hit straight at him. But then watching the replays, i'm just thinking why has he got his arms up there at all. I think a penalty was warranted, but as i said, i can see why the ref didn't give it.

astradave wrote: »

He'd be far better suited up top in this game, would have been a better option in this game from the start than Giroud once it became clear that Spurs were playing with a 3. Also funny because Spurs have, for periods of this game, already been killing Arsenal down that side. Mute point now anyway with the formation switch.

Is it a "Kompany up front" moment?

Are City playing and I don't know about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He'd be far better suited up top in this game, would have been a better option in this game from the start than Giroud once it became clear that Spurs were playing with a 3. Also funny because Spurs have, for periods of this game, already been killing Arsenal down that side. Mute point now anyway with the formation switch.

Thats true enough but its not the point you were making with your initial dig at Wenger ;)

Moot point, sorry.

Moot point, sorry.

Maybe it was Freudian and he meant "mute" as in "dumb"?

Historic season for spurs, fair deuce.

Moot point, sorry.

Oops, slip of the brain. In my defence I make a fairly innocuous comment and my fireflies flock to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Long time coming for Spurs, hope they enjoy it.

Great performance from Spurs today. We really played well, and controlled the game for most of it. It's nice to finish ahead of Arsenal for once. 1st time i've seen it since i started properly following football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

eagle eye wrote: »

Hes been reading football books since he is 3 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Spurs are a team on the rise. As said in the commentary they have to hold onto this group of players which means paying them the big money. If they do that then a title is within their grasp in the next couple of years I think.

Arsenal look like a team devoid of confidence. That for me is the biggest issue right now, some players look a shadow of what they were twelve months ago. Obviously a lot of the blame for this belongs with Arsene Wenger. I seen Gabriel playing for Villareal and he looked very composed and a quite intelligent centre-back. I've seen Koscielny play for his country in the Euros and look very good and with Arsenal for a few years but he looks nothing like that player now. Aaron Ramsay was almost afraid to have a shot at goal in this game, this is a player who was scoring goals for fun a couple of years ago and Olivier Giroud mightn't be everybody's cup of tea but he was far more affective for Arsenal the last couple of years and now he looks like he isn't at the same level. Bellerin was the hottest full back prospect in world football only a season ago and he looks awful right now. It'd be a very strange coincidence if all these players suddenly became worse than they have ever been at the one time. I think there has to be something wrong behind the scenes that we don't know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Deserved win for Spurs and they probably should've won by more in the end, Arsenal didn't really turn up and created nothing of note.

On an unrelated note, Could Henry/Lampard/Redknapp possibly be the dullest punditry team in history?

• Advertisement
Advertisement