Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North London Derby Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sky host for the last time handing over to the Sky interviewer who just conducted the last ever interview with the last every scorer of the last every goal of the last ever North London Derby in White Hart Lane.

Bloody hell Sky love to hype up stupid things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What is St Totteringham's Day? I know it's a p!sstake, but what is it exactly? Is it the day Spurs finish above Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

monkey9 wrote: »
    What is St Totteringham's Day? I know it's a p!sstake, but what is it exactly? Is it the day Spurs finish above Arsenal?

It's the day Arsenal confirm numerically that they have finished above Spurs, its happened every year for the last 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

eagle eye wrote: »
    Spurs are a team on the rise. As said in the commentary they have to hold onto this group of players which means paying them the big money. If they do that then a title is within their grasp in the next couple of years I think.

Arsenal look like a team devoid of confidence. That for me is the biggest issue right now, some players look a shadow of what they were twelve months ago. Obviously a lot of the blame for this belongs with Arsene Wenger. I seen Gabriel playing for Villareal and he looked very composed and a quite intelligent centre-back. I've seen Koscielny play for his country in the Euros and look very good and with Arsenal for a few years but he looks nothing like that player now. Aaron Ramsay was almost afraid to have a shot at goal in this game, this is a player who was scoring goals for fun a couple of years ago and Olivier Giroud mightn't be everybody's cup of tea but he was far more affective for Arsenal the last couple of years and now he looks like he isn't at the same level. Bellerin was the hottest full back prospect in world football only a season ago and he looks awful right now. It'd be a very strange coincidence if all these players suddenly became worse than they have ever been at the one time. I think there has to be something wrong behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I don't know if Spurs will compete against the likes of United, City and Chelsea next season when they go off and spend 100's of millions buying players, Spurs probably need to spend some money to strengthen even more.
    In fairness it's seriously impressive stuff from Spurs, Poch is a savage manager.

As for Arsenal, we're a mess, Wenger needs to go, they need to get a top class manager in, give him money to spend and time to turnaround the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

marvin80 wrote: »
    I don't know if Spurs will compete against the likes of United, City and Chelsea next season when they go off and spend 100's of millions buying players, Spurs probably need to spend some money to strengthen even more.
    In fairness it's seriously impressive stuff from Spurs, Poch is a savage manager.

As for Arsenal, we're a mess, Wenger needs to go, they need to get a top class manager in, give him money to spend and time to turnaround the team.

Spurs are not short of money either.

Anyhow, as Utd and City have shown over the last few seasons that spending loads of money does not guarantee success.

Much more to it than that. Having the right people in place is key.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sky host for the last time handing over to the Sky interviewer who just conducted the last ever interview with the last every scorer of the last every goal of the last ever North London Derby in White Hart Lane.

Bloody hell Sky love to hype up stupid things.

The last game is actually against Utd in 2 weeks. Which is also live on Sky Sports. If you thought it was bad today........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

eagle eye wrote: »
    Spurs are a team on the rise. As said in the commentary they have to hold onto this group of players which means paying them the big money. If they do that then a title is within their grasp in the next couple of years I think.

Arsenal look like a team devoid of confidence. That for me is the biggest issue right now, some players look a shadow of what they were twelve months ago. Obviously a lot of the blame for this belongs with Arsene Wenger. I seen Gabriel playing for Villareal and he looked very composed and a quite intelligent centre-back. I've seen Koscielny play for his country in the Euros and look very good and with Arsenal for a few years but he looks nothing like that player now. Aaron Ramsay was almost afraid to have a shot at goal in this game, this is a player who was scoring goals for fun a couple of years ago and Olivier Giroud mightn't be everybody's cup of tea but he was far more affective for Arsenal the last couple of years and now he looks like he isn't at the same level. Bellerin was the hottest full back prospect in world football only a season ago and he looks awful right now. It'd be a very strange coincidence if all these players suddenly became worse than they have ever been at the one time. I think there has to be something wrong behind the scenes that we don't know about.

This year and particularly last year were Spurs big chances IMHO. They effectively have 2 years without a home game from now.... Wembley next year and new WHL the following year. New surroundings, home supporters in New seats, differences in atmosphere etc will all have an effect, as will the off field focus of the organisation in physically moving and getting the bills payed.
    Add in Pep another year at City, and Jose and his agents spending another squillion pounds I can see them struggling for top 4 next year tbh. The vultures will also be circling around Kane, Alli, Pochechino as well.
    Last year was a serious opportunity lost.

Nice one Spurs.

Only bad thing is this might mean the end of Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I can see them struggling for top 4 next year tbh.

Meh, we were told we'd be struggling this year, that it'd be business as usual at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hes been reading football books since he is 3 years old.

I'm very clever, haven't you noticed?

• :) every time!

Good result for spurs tbf

I expect the Arsenal meltdowns to resume on AFTV

Tbf to the arsenal fans on boards they are clued into the situation from what I read

Wenger needs to go but it's going to be a couple of years pain before they get back to challenging for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I'm very clever, haven't you noticed?

In fairness that's a quality response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Spurs are not short of money either.

Anyhow, as Utd and City have shown over the last few seasons that spending loads of money does not guarantee success.

Much more to it than that. Having the right people in place is key.
    Spurs aren't short of money - they just don't spend it.
    Their top three earners are the only players on £100k or over.
    They are clearly getting (relative) value for money from the squad, but they are leaving themselves open to other teams sniffing around who could offer double that figure, easily. Eriksen on $75k and Alli on £50k are bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If Wenger goes in the summer he'd be doing Arsenal a favour if the last thing he does is sell Ozil close to what they paid for him. He can't be accused of playing for a move or new contract anyway.
    His only highlight yesterday was taking abuse off Spurs fans who should be delighted with him being at Arsenal.
    As far as Spurs go they might not win the league but they are far better coached than the teams below them who blew way too much money on players & managers but so far are no better for it. I'm sure they'll try buy more as eventually it worka but fail to see where hard work on the training gound & keeping a balanced team without wholesale changes will get you.

Advertisement