Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Irish

Options
  • 30-04-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm trying to study irish but idk where to start.I'm doing Higher level.However we're only learning OL stuff at the minute I dont know if thats right or not. So far we have done : Geibheann, Colscaradh, Mo-Ghrasa ,An Spailpin Fanach, An t-Earrach Thiar, An Gnathrud, An Dis, Hurlamaboc

Is this right for a HL Irish class or should we be learning different stuff. Do i have to know all these pros and poems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

There's 5 poems (Geibheann, Colscaradh, An Spailpin Fanach, An tEarrach Thiair and Mo Ghra-sa) and pieces of prose (Caca Millis, an Gnathrud, Oisin i dTir na nOg, Dis and Hurlamaboc) are common to both Higher and Ordinary Level and you have to know them all. One poem and one prose comes on the Higher Level exam paper whereas two of each comes up on the Ordinary paper. For higher level there's Extra Literature to know too. There's a couple of options like An Triail, A Thig Na a Thit Orm, some Extra Poems, etc etc. This isn't needed for Ordinary Level!

Advertisement