Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken phone case

• 30-04-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I bought the HTC10 ice view case in January from an online site, mobile fun. It's the official case and cost around €35. The case is now falling apart even though it has been well looked after. I've seen loads of reviews online on different sites saying the same thing. I've never used the site I bought it on before and didn't bother signing up for an account. I've also realised that I've deleted the order confirmation email that they sent me. So I have no order number and no proof that I purchased it from them. Do I have any comeback?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I bought the HTC10 ice view case in January from an online site, mobile fun. It's the official case and cost around €35. The case is now falling apart even though it has been well looked after. I've seen loads of reviews online on different sites saying the same thing. I've never used the site I bought it on before and didn't bother signing up for an account. I've also realised that I've deleted the order confirmation email that they sent me. So I have no order number and no proof that I purchased it from them. Do I have any comeback?

How did you pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

petes wrote: »
    How did you pay for it?

I don't think it was PayPal so it would have been on either my debit or credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'll be able to provide POP with the CC/DC Statement but really after deleting the invoice you'll probably be chasing them for a good while. I'd chalk it up to experience and don't delete any financial email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You have proof of purchase which is all you need just send them an email explaining you want it exchanged.
    Beware though I bought a charger from them for the same phone which didn't work, when I contacted them for a refund they ignored me! Just didn't acknowledge me at all, I'd been so busy I'd forgotten all about it until I saw your post...oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm usually pretty good about keeping emails but the quality of my previous HTC dot view case was so good I didn't think I'd need it. I had that case for over 2 years, gave it to my mum with my old phone about 6 months ago and it's still not showing any sign of wear. The quality of the ice view case is a joke.

I've sent an email explaining the situation to mobile fun and told them that I have my statement as proof of purchase. Won't hold my breath on it though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement