Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling miserable

• 01-05-2017 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

So basically im really depressed lately.i have been to my doctor and i am on 2 tablets for about 6 months now for depression and general anxiety disorder.i didnt really do great in school was just never interested couldent apply myself to anything.i worked in the same job for 7 years after school before getting let go.the same year my father passed away it was just me and him in the house.my family decided they were selling the house i got no say and within 6 months i was living alone l.i was left a signiticant amount of money which to cut a very long story short i pissed away over 3 years.i was basically self medicating fornanxiety but of course it was a vicious circle the booze made things worse.so anyway since on the tabs ive been better in that i can now leave my house without needing a drink .i only started claiming social welfare after i was broke.i no im an idiot .basically i realised recently i just dont want to do anyhing at all .i have loads of friends and im well liked but my friends are starting to get married ajd move in etc.and im just sitting in playing videogames and reading most of the week and getting drunk on the weekends .i just have no ambition or drive its made me feel suicidal so much.the only reason i havent done it is im a wimp and i dont want to do it to my friends and family.i cant just keep living this way once i pay my rent every week im basically broke.im 28 years old and ive accomplished absolutly nothing with my life and i just cant see things improving because i wont take the steps.everyones saying just find a job do a course etc i dont want to do the only thing ive experience in and as far as courses go absolutly nothing! Interests me feeling hopeless at this stage im aware ive put myself in this position thats the worst part.just wanted to vent any suggestions ? Advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Counselling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Stop being so hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes and although it wasnt wise to waste the money like you did you were going through a very difficult time and depression can make us do things we regret. Counselling would be a really good option for you, some counsellors give special rates for unemployed people, just mention it when contacting the counsellor. Please stay away from drink, I have a relative whose brain damaged from years of heavy drinking so I know first hand the damage it can do. Stop going out on weekends and save that money for something more productive like investing in counselling or save for your future. Drink is a depressive too, even if youre only drinking at weekends it effects your mental health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Stay off the drink....you are not hopeless, reaching out,even on Boards, shows that you are capable of knowing right and wrong. Speak to your doctor again, get out of the house a lot more, even if it's just to go for a walk. You are not alone.

Advertisement