Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease question

Options
  • 01-05-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I have a house rented out for the last three years to a couple, they signed a one year lease and are still there , do I need to get them to sign a new lease every year.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mcko wrote: »
    I have a house rented out for the last three years to a couple, they signed a one year lease and are still there , do I need to get them to sign a new lease every year.

you dont have to but you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Look up Part IV tenancies - I don't bother with 12 month leases as they generally only dilute your rights as a LL.

Edit: The advantage though is they are slightly more likely top stay the 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

No

They have part iv rights security of tenure for 4 years. Signing a fixed lease can not change that. Should they leave the new tenants you take on will have security of tenure for 6 years after being there 6 months.

Advertisement