Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed.

Options
  • 01-05-2017 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

.help needed.....Picked up a bike with old 6700 di2 with internal battery .the charge point is into the little box under the stem.

The charger I got with the bike is not working...would anyone have one to borrow or sell inter city centre today....I'm located at Dorset street...working at mater...

Please if any one can help....need bike for commute early tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

disco1 wrote: »
    .help needed.....Picked up a bike with old 6700 di2 with internal battery .the charge point is into the little box under the stem.

The charger I got with the bike is not working...would anyone have one to borrow or sell inter city centre today....I'm located at Dorset street...working at mater...

Please if any one can help....need bike for commute early tomorrow.

Thanks.

Pic attached...it's ultegra ten speed with internal battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The other side is USB right? You're sure its in a port thats delivering enough amperage?

ED E wrote: »
    The other side is USB right? You're sure its in a port thats delivering enough amperage?

Tried moble phone charger...laptop...nothing works.
    Model is SM-BCR2

input 5v 1a
    Output 8.4v .4a

Thanks.

Most chargers that the USB plug into seem to exceed the amps..

There is no light showing on the transformer lead that plugs into the bike..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Any big bike shops open nearby that might be able to help? The one in Parnell Street?

• Advertisement

Chuchote wrote: »
    Any big bike shops open nearby that might be able to help? The one in Parnell Street?
    Not today.

Cycle ways....but can't leave work. Sshhiittt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tried moble phone charger...laptop...nothing works.
    Model is SM-BCR2

input 5v 1a
    Output 8.4v .4a

Thanks.
    Most chargers that the USB plug into seem to exceed the amps..

There is no light showing on the transformer lead that plugs into the bike..

Yeah, any half decent charger since 2015 should be capable of 1A. Computers often only offer 0.5A so can be an issue.

If I had to bet I'd say its the micro-USB port, they're very weak but unfortunately the standard.

Not being able to move you're in quite the bind.

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, any half decent charger since 2015 should be capable of 1A. Computers often only offer 0.5A so can be an issue.

If I had to bet I'd say its the micro-USB port, they're very weak but unfortunately the standard.

Not being able to move you're in quite the bind.

The transformer light does not come on when pressed in ....there is 2 indicators on it...one for power and one for battery

Does anyone know if the light should be on on the transformer..itself part of the cable that pluggs into the stem junction box

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Have you any other cables that you could trym unless you've tried more than the one

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Have you any other cables that you could trym unless you've tried more than the one

Tried other cables that plug into the transformer..but no joy.the light won't come on the transformer...the transformer then plugs into bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Tried other cables that plug into the transformer..but no joy.the light won't come on the transformer...the transformer then plugs into bike.

Maybe the transformer is the problem?

Chuchote wrote: »
    Maybe the transformer is the problem?

I'm sure that's the issue.
    Need some one to see me pics good Samaritan to lend me one...one charge will do till I buy new one.

Saw this info online seems the transformer can only be plugged into these 2 power units.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just in case.....

Are you sure the plug is in fully on the bike end? i.e the plug that goes into the junction box on the bike.

(When I got DI2 first I found this quite fiddly as I wasn't opening the little cover properly-it swings up and pulls out a little)

The light only comes on when actually charging.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Thanks....noticed that....but it's not that...definitely the transformer on the cable....no lights on it when plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Thanks....noticed that....but it's not that...definitely the transformer on the cable....no lights on it when plugged in.

If the battery is fully charged the light won't come on.

SM-BCR2 Charging and PC Connection: for SM-EW90-A 3-port and SM-EW90-B 5-port A Junctions. This plugs into a special port on the side of the A junctions (which is covered by a rubber flap.) This adapter charges the internal battery when first plugged into the A junction; it must be powered by a standard USB Wall charger (such as that used for an Apple iPhone) or a PC that is powered-on. If the Shimano E-Tube Project Software is launched on the Windows PC with the SM-BCR2 attached, the SM-BCR2 will switch from charging mode to configuration mode. It must be detached from the computer and reattached to switch back to charging mode.
    It takes about 2 hours to charge the internal battery.
    Amber light=charging.
    Light turns off when done.
    If the Amber light does not come on when plugged in, this indicates battery is not discharged enough to charge.
    Light flashing indicates something is wrong, like trying to charge a external battery through a BMR.

From This website which is probably the best source of Di2 info.

https://carltonbale.com/shimano-di2-everything-you-need-to-know/#check_battery

Looks like I'm going to 360 cycles in clontarf tomorrow....anyone if they would have the software and so on ???

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Looks like I'm going to 360 cycles in clontarf tomorrow....anyone if they would have the software and so on ???

Disco, if they say its the transformer or the cable i can have a look at it for you, i work in the Mater also, drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

PM Unkown Soldier. He's well up on that Di2 stuff.

Sound lad too and always willing to help.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

FWIW, I have charged mine from USB on the computer with no hassles and from my iphone charger.
    If you're anywhere near Skerries or the airport and still stuck, you can borrow my charger

Thanks lads...got a loan ....it was the transformer on my charger it was dead or blown or something....new charger on way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thanks lads...got a loan ....it was the transformer on my charger it was dead or blown or something....new charger on way.

You did check the fuse in the plug top right?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    You did check the fuse in the plug top right?? :eek:

There is no plug for it.

It's a stand alone unit that gets fed from a USB lead which might be plugged into a socket, a PC or even a power bank.

The OP did say "Tried moble phone charger...laptop...nothing works.
    Model is SM-BCR2

input 5v 1a
    Output 8.4v .4a"

There is no plug for it.

It's a stand alone unit that gets fed from a USB lead which might be plugged into a socket, a PC or even a power bank.

The OP did say "Tried moble phone charger...laptop...nothing works.
    Model is SM-BCR2

input 5v 1a
    Output 8.4v .4a"

Most likely blown IC or leaky capacitor

Yep the little transformer on the USB cable has a tendency to fail at some point.

Thanks.

Yep the little transformer on the USB cable has a tendency to fail at some point.

Thanks.

How much for a new one?

Advertisement