Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a slimline sensor

Options
  • 01-05-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a hkc securewatch 8/12. One the exterior doors I have ID sensors fitted. I added a slimline sensor to one of the doors by removing the bridging piece in the "contact" terminals of the ID sensor and wiring my slimline in there. I tested For continuity and when the door is open the circuit is open and when the door is closed the circuit is closed. All going well so far. I have 15 VDC at the sensors power terminals and the ID led is turning on for half a second every 4 seconds so the sensor is identified. When I check at the keypad it's not showing open on the open points/zone option. And when I go to set the alarm with the door open I'm not getting the open zone warning. Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I have a hkc securewatch 8/12. One the exterior doors I have ID sensors fitted. I added a slimline sensor to one of the doors by removing the bridging piece in the "contact" terminals of the ID sensor and wiring my slimline in there. I tested For continuity and when the door is open the circuit is open and when the door is closed the circuit is closed. All going well so far. I have 15 VDC at the sensors power terminals and the ID led is turning on for half a second every 4 seconds so the sensor is identified. When I check at the keypad it's not showing open on the open points/zone option. And when I go to set the alarm with the door open I'm not getting the open zone warning. Any ideas please

Have you walk tested the device?
    If you disconnect the cable from the input and leave out the link does the device show open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I checked all the setting. The Comms link is showing ok and all other zone options are as they should be. When I had the lid off the id sensor it wasn't detecting the tamper open with the system in engineer mode either. Am I looking at a dud sensor

I checked all the setting. The Comms link is showing ok and all other zone options are as they should be. When I had the lid off the id sensor it wasn't detecting the tamper open with the system in engineer mode either. Am I looking at a dud sensor

Have you tried deleting the sensor and putting it back on?

The led is showing the sensor is identified and it's communicating with the panel as I can check the Comms status on the keypad. How do I delete it and re-Id the sensor?

The led is showing the sensor is identified and it's communicating with the panel as I can check the Comms status on the keypad. How do I delete it and re-Id the sensor?

Device menu, remove device.

• Advertisement

Thanks I will let you know

Ok success at last. I did as you suggested I removed the sensor then re-Id it and yep all up and running now. Many thanks again for you help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad that sorted it. Those ID sensors can be prone to faults /comms issues if there are any fluctuations in the supply power.

Ok success at last. I did as you suggested I removed the sensor then re-Id it and yep all up and running now. Many thanks again for you help

Thanks for coming back to us, great to see that sorted it.
    Have hundreds of these devices installed with no issues.

Advertisement