Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilting tomato plants

Options
  • 01-05-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Some of my tomatoes plants have started to wilt pretty bad.

They are due to be planted in GH. I had to repot them recently as they were getting too big for their 9cm pots and have fed them liquid feed also.

It is happening to the biggest plants for the most part.

Are they doomed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Hi
    Some of my tomatoes plants have started to wilt pretty bad.

They are due to be planted in GH. I had to repot them recently as they were getting too big for their 9cm pots and have fed them liquid feed also.

It is happening to the biggest plants for the most part.

Are they doomed?

Pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

lk67 wrote: »
    Pic?

I think I should have moved them to a bigger pot sooner but they have not improved since

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Holy Diver wrote: »
    I think I should have moved them to a bigger pot sooner but they have not improved since

It looks too wet...

It shouldn't be sitting in water like that - unless very recently watered? Let it drain and just keep it moist. Hopefully it will recover if there's not permanent root damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

lk67 wrote: »
    It looks too wet...

It shouldn't be sitting in water like that - unless very recently watered? Let it drain and just keep it moist. Hopefully it will recover if there's not permanent root damage.

Thought that was a possibility. Have probably overwatered in last couple of days as I thought it initially was being caused by not enough water - prob just too small pot and out of food.

Thanks

Advertisement