Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't upload new music to iCloud Music Library

Options
  • 01-05-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Usually once I add music to iTunes it either automatically goes on to the iCloud library (and on to my phone) or I click "Upload to iCloud library" and it does it then.

However for two days I haven't been able to upload music. I've tried logging off and on again, restarting iTunes, I even downloaded the latest version of iTunes. One thing I haven't done is sign out of iCloud - worried that I won't get any music back when I try and sign in!

Anyone have a similar issue recently? Any fix suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try right-click on the songs and "add to iCloud".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Try right-click on the songs and "add to iCloud".

Well yes, I would've done that. Song by song, album by album, also from the main menu. Nothing is uploading - neither mp3s or music from a CD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it silently failing to upload? Or does it show as uploaded/matched in the Get Info window but just isn't showing up on your iPhone? In other words, could the problem be on the your iPhone's end?

No it's just hanging in iTunes. The circle is spinning endlessly with an 'in progress' message. But the little cloud symbol beside the track never goes away.

The phone is fine. My iCloud library plays fine on the phone. In fact, when I attempt to upload a song it even creates the track on my phone, though it is shaded out and unavailable.

So the issue seems to be getting the track over the line and actually up on to the iCloud library through iTunes. Only then will my phone be able to pick it up.

I've had issues like this before but usually resolves itself very quickly. Two days is unusual though.

Try disabling iCloud Music Library in iTunes preferences. Then re-enable it after a minute and wait for it to update.

If that doesn't work try signing out of your iTunes account via the Account menu, then signing back in. You might need to re-enable iCloud Music Library. Don't sign out of iCloud in iCloud settings - that's unnecessary.

I've had to troubleshoot iCloud Music Library problems loads of times and some combination of the above is nearly always necessary. Both of these may cause any songs not stored on your computer to disappear until iCloud Music Library is re-enabled, but they should come back afterwards as they are still stored in the cloud. Songs stored on your computer will be unaffected.

• Advertisement

Ok cool. I'll try that. Thanks.

I did sign out and back in and it made no difference.

Trying the disable / enable iCloud now.

So after doing the above I restarted iTunes a few times, nothing was happening, and then all of sudden it had updated. Haven't tried putting anything further on yet but at least it worked once!

Thanks for the suggestions Sad Professor.

Glad you had some success anyway. Anytime I've had to do this it usually take several tries. It's a terrible pain in the arse to troubleshoot.

Advertisement