Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lawn weed killer

Options
  • 01-05-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

What is the best and most economical spray to kill weeds but not grass on the lawn. Dicophar, Mortox etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone have any advice on this as I'm in the same boat?

I have Gallup 360 for my driveway but that would kill the grass too so need something else.

I have a .75 acre site with a lot of lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

Dicophar works well for me. Particularly on buttercup, dandelion, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

griffzinho wrote: »
    Dicophar works well for me. Particularly on buttercup, dandelion, etc.

Perfect, thanks. My lawn is full of dandelions at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Goosebumps

Vinegar?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Goosebumps wrote: »
    Vinegar?

Chips ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Vinegar does work supposedly but might not be practical or economical for large areas, probably handy for small gardens.

I bought 5 litres of Hygrass during the week for 37 euro. I estimate I used about 400ml for a single dose of the entire lawn. Works out at just under 3 euro. I doubt I could do the whole lawn with a dilution of vinegar that was effective for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I'm in the same boat here,garden full of daisies,dandelions and those white fluffy weeds.Grass was cut yesterday and it has rained so I'm thinking of heading to Woodies..can anyone recommend something from there and should I get a watering can aswell to spread it?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Colser wrote:
    I'm in the same boat here,garden full of daisies,dandelions and those white fluffy weeds.Grass was cut yesterday and it has rained so I'm thinking of heading to Woodies..can anyone recommend something from there and should I get a watering can aswell to spread it?

Not an answer of your question, but Woodies have 20% off today!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I use Goulding's lawn feed, weed and moss killer a few times a year and it works very well

Advertisement