Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance and haemophilia

• 01-05-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Hope someone can help or shed some light? I am currently on the market for health insurance mainly as I would like to be covered for maternity benefits in a year to a year and a half's time when we plan to get pregnant. I am aware of the 52weeks wait time. I am worried as I have very mild factor Xi deficiency a type of haemophilia that I will be unable to benefit from any packages as most outline that the pre-existing condition is not covered for 5years.

Has anyone any advice or experience with pre existing conditions or haemophilia and health insurance?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I know that all health insurance policies have a 52 week wait for maternity cover. If you go private for maternity you will still have to pay extra along with your health insurance. You can claim back 20% of this extra cost with the med one form.

In regards to maternity cover in Ireland if you go as a public patient there is no charge for this. I would advise you to be at appointments early. Some hosptials are better for organinsing appointments for maternity than others.
    I would make the hosptial aware of any medical issues you have at the start of your pregancy.

I would contact the health insurance companies and ask if you took out cover that you have factor Xi deficiency a type of haemophilia and ask if you got pregnant in 2 years time would you be coverd for private maternity care.

Advertisement