Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What defines a good night out for you?

• 01-05-2017 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

I won't lie, I'd consider it a bad night out if I didn't get the shift. It's great meeting friends and all but that wouldn't make my night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Not having to bring someone home because they're blotto.

The shift would also be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good company and a good laugh does it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Not getting caught.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

A good night out would be a good night in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

When I wake up and still have my phone, keys and small change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Feeling like I have a six pack from laughing so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

If it's s night out with my wife then just being in a nice pub, having a chat and getting slowly sozzled. If with my friends then the same applies. Not being too drunk at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Roaring my head off with like minded others at 4 in the morning to metal classics from my youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Laughter, friendship, warmth, good wine, good food, and good talk. A whiff of that oul' flirtation adds an extra touch of delicious. Puts me in a good humour that lasts for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If it's a proper night out then it's crap if it doesn't end in a good club. Can't bear not dancing if it's a late one. Great when everyone's laughing, in a good mood and on the same page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Has to be the kebab at half 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

A good blast of insulting to some one that deserves it always goes down a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Good Friends, good music, good chat, and maybe some fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No awkwardness, and everyone just in top form and making each other laugh. Drunk but not too drunk.
    I prefer house parties to pubs for the reason that they're more relaxed and you can play whatever tunes take your fancy.

I imagine Hector Bellends night would involve not crapping his pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Any night out with friends is a good night for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I'd want to have a "few" beers, see a good band, talk and be at least semi-receptive to some prophecies, Mr dj plays Sing Hallelujah and/or Rhythm is a Dancer, chicken ball curry chip, home for a nightcap, mock the week , and snuggle ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

KKkitty wrote: »
    When I wake up and still have my phone, keys and small change.

That and no texts/whatsapps sent past 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Seeing as my nights out are pretty much dependent on Limerick FC victories, they're all good nights out by definition.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    That and no texts/whatsapps sent past 10pm.

Lightweight, ten to two she will do is time for the texts/whatsapps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

A seat at a table, preferably beside an open fire, and being able to hear what the person next to me is saying.
    Good quality drinks, friendly and prompt service, and a cosy atmosphere.
    I'm too old and cranky for any ****wittery these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Good tunes, good chats with good friends, good chats with strangers. relying on the shift for a good night is not a healthy way to be

Good tunes, good chats with good friends, good chats with strangers. relying on the shift for a good night is not a healthy way to be

Danger of getting crabs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

s4uv3 wrote:
    A seat at a table, preferably beside an open fire, and being able to hear what the person next to me is saying. Good quality drinks, friendly and prompt service, and a cosy atmosphere. I'm too old and cranky for any ****wittery these days.

Sounds perfect, can't be dealing with clubs and 5am taxis home anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Back when it was a scrap a shift and a laugh. I think that's what men enjoy testing their metal then meeting new women and bonding with their peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

One where I can get out of going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I find a night in is the best night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A good laugh and no aggro

One where I can get out of going.
    I find a night in is the best night out.

Ye should go out on a date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Not having to make small talk with somebody new. So that depends on my mood, whether I just want to be with close friends I know well or if I feel like meeting new people, and If I'm in that mood then the small talk with somebody new isn't really an issue
    Not getting too drunk
    Not losing anything
    Getting food at the end
    And somebody flirting with me/telling me Im good looking puts me in a good mood also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Depends. A night out or a cosy night?
    Right now I would like a night where I can get dressed up, go somewhere nice and intimate for dinner and cocktails, somewhere you can take your time with your drink and food, somewhere you can relax and have the chats without some really loud mediocre band blasting the ears off you.

If it's a proper night out I love going all out for it though. Planning my outfit weeks in advance, booking in to have my hair blowdried and my face made up. Getting dressed and ready with my friends while we pre drink. Head into town about 10:30, fairly blitzed but not too drunk. Heading to a late bar instead of a nightclub and everyone getting drunker together. Go for food, back to a houseparty and contemplate your life while sitting on the toilet at 8am, one eye closed so you don't fall off, having that lucid moment that you should probably go home.

Nothing as bad as having a woman down before even leaving the house. You can't relax and enjoy getting drunk when there's someone in worse condition that needs minding or going out and just not being able to get into the spirit of things

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

A well ventilated place so I don't faint. I hate nightclubs, so a nice pub. Shots. Tipsy. Not drunk though. My boyfriend with me so I can get the shift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

On the night out itself. Music at a nice level where you can still hear it and the people you're talking to simultaneously without them shouting at you and vice versa. People who you find you can talk to with alcohol and without it. Just people who you're completely comfortable with. Friendly bar staff. Having a seat for the night is a must too. Being female I often wear shoes that hurt after a while. Having a seat helps with that especially if I've forgotten to bring flatter shoes with me. Sometimes I don't like having a TV in a pub. It can be a bit of a distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Unexplained bruising.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lots of embarrassment and shame that doesn't involve me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Toss on a pair of hot pants and hooker red lippy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Loads of sleep. Pretty much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Most often good nights are unplanned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Having fun. Love it also when you are in the zone and buzzing off lots of people where your positivity is magnetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tigger wrote: »
    Back when it was a scrap a shift and a laugh. I think that's what men enjoy testing their metal then meeting new women and bonding with their peers.

So you used to scrap with them and then shift them?...

And then laugh with them at their own confusion, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

A few pints, a few games of darts and a bit of chat with some friends. I don't ask for much so am fairly happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

If it's a proper night out I love going all out for it though. Planning my outfit weeks in advance, booking in to have my hair blowdried and my face made up. Getting dressed and ready with my friends while we pre drink. Head into town about 10:30, fairly blitzed but not too drunk. Heading to a late bar instead of a nightclub and everyone getting drunker together. Go for food, back to a houseparty and contemplate your life while sitting on the toilet at 8am, one eye closed so you don't fall off, having that lucid moment that you should probably go home.
    s

Would you not prefer a nice cup of tea and a few decades of the rosary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Being left alone, having a peaceful evening, getting a good night's sleep and to rise the next day to enjoy some fruitful, generally energetic activity. Heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Good food, good drink, good company, good chats/conversation - and enough laughter to physically hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good company and a good laugh does it for me.

Absolutely this. Nothing like going out with friends, few or a lot or too many pints, and just having a great laugh talking absolute crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

So do people in Ireland actually say "The shift"? Is it a culchie thing? I thought it was something The Daily Edge made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So do people in Ireland actually say "The shift"? Is it a culchie thing? I thought it was something The Daily Edge made up.

Wow hold up there! The 'S' on Shift needs a capital letter too.

It does sound very juvenile though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

With 3 kids under 4 in the house, I consider any night out to be a good night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Friends and pints of Murphy's. Perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement