Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specifying finishes/interior design

• 01-05-2017 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

I work for an engineering firm, who on occasion do architectural services on jobs. As such I need to specify finishes from time to time for bathrooms, locker rooms, canteens etc etc.

I manage to pull together a spec that will work.. but may not exactly be inspired or a good interior design. Can anybody recommend a good book/resource to better specify finishes (floor types, ceiling types, paint types, tiles etc etc)?

I know the ideal answer is "get an architect to specify" but the reality is, on some jobs, I am the 'architect'!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Get out and about and look at finished projects.
    Get all the brochures you can and start building a library.
    Sonas, paint colours, keep on top of current trends wrt tiles, floors etc

Wooden floor effect tiles are big now, brick shaped tiles for showers etc
    Matt colours, grey etc

Advertisement