Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prosecco beer....

• 01-05-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭

Hear me out before the pitchfoks come out! ;)

The sis in law in getting married next year and as usual I've said I'll do a celebration brew for them. He likes most beers equally and when asked what style of beer she'd like she replied prosecco as a joke.

Well there's a challenge I though to myself...

Was thinking something quite pale and dry, with low bitterness and some fruity flavours coming from late hops. I think I need to drink more prosecco for research! ;)

There are plenty of beers finished with champagne yeast, though generally they're high ABV, which I'd rather avoid. Champagne yeast on it's own won't ferment all the sugars in wort so that's probably out. I'd probably go for something crisp and clean tasting as (I read that) prosecco is taken off the yeast quite early and doesn't have much yeasty character.

Any thoughts? I've got a year to get it right so plenty of time for experimentation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

What about doing a white wine kit and force carbonating it in a corny keg?

As for bee, what about a 4-5% blond ale with elderfower and or nelson sauvin hops? with either a neutral ale or Belgian strain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It seems Italian grape ale is a BJCP style... Sounds like it might be just the ticket. Am looking into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Just throwing an idea out here; would you be able to brew a light kolsch style but instead of sugar at bottling/kegging filter it and use some grape juice and maybe reprime with some champagne yeast? Might be a moronic idea but maybe, just maybe...

Advertisement