Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topped up meter by €40 euros and only €30 shows up

Options
  • 01-05-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I got the feeling this happened the last time I topped up but decided to wait to see and yes when I top up by  €40 only €30 goes on the meter. 

Now I'm sitting here wondering how long this has been going on for because I've had this meter since December and its really not on if you're overcharging me on this. 

I'd appreciate if you could get back to me quickly on this as I paid by credit card and I'll have to dispute it with them if you don't sort it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi seanmc321,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We have limited access to the Pay As You Go system in this department. As such, we can only provide you with general information.

If there is a balance when a Pay As You Go meter is installed, this will be applied to the meter. These customers will have 25% deducted from their top-ups until this balance is cleared.

We recommend contacting our colleagues on 1850 372 372 to discuss this. Our colleagues will be able to check if this was the case. They are available from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seanmc321

If there is a balance when a Pay As You Go meter is installed, this will be applied to the meter. These customers will have 25% deducted from their top-ups until this balance is cleared.

What do you mean by balance? I only moved in a few months ago so I shouldnt be in arrears or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi seanmc321,

Generally speaking, a balance is applied to a PAYG meter when the meter is newly installed (for usage prior to the installation) or a balance accrues when credit during the credit-friendly hours is used/when emergency credit is availed of outside of credit-friendly hours.

The credit-friendly hours are (since the clocks went forward in late March): 5pm to 9am Monday/Tuesday, Tuesday/Wednesday, Wednesday/Thursday, Thursday/Friday. Then at weekends the credit-friendly hours come into effect 5pm on Friday evening until 9am Monday morning.

The dedicated PAYG team can check the specific details of your meter on 01 8529534 as an alternative to the 1850 number.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seanmc321

Generally speaking, a balance is applied to a PAYG meter when the meter is newly installed (for usage prior to the installation) or a balance accrues when credit during the credit-friendly hours is used/when emergency credit is availed of outside of credit-friendly hours.

I contacted the landlord turns out they're in arrears and are charging me for it. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again seanmc321,

Thanks for your post - we are happy to advise.

If you are interested in opening an Electric Ireland PAYG account in your name, call 1850 30 50 95.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement