Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Very warm, and my new shift is driving me bonkers
    You mean up to now we've been dealing with sane Cy? :eek:

That is rough, is it indefinite or can you change off after a few weeks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Nope, I stuck starting at 3am every day. I will demobilize before my sanity completely fails

Sorry Cy. What a **** show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fcukin hell that is a nightmare Wolf

Fcukin hell that is a nightmare Wolf
    Nightmare Wolf. Great name for a metal band.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You make a good point :)

How are things Grem, staying out of trouble?

Ah yeah, this relationship lark has put a halt to my gallop :pac: Joke!.

All well with you?.

I think they call that maturing Grem. You should try and stay away from it. :D

Same old, life has been quiet but I haven't minded.
    When was the last time you had ice cream?

Had an ice cream about two weeks ago i think.

• Advertisement

Well given how quickly they melt these days you're better off.

Plus they only make me thirsty after.

That's what water is for. So I'm told.

Argh thirstier so jeez!!

Oohhhhhhhhh. Well that is different and understandable.

How about you? Oh i had a brunch btw, yummy.

I had the chocolate version of a King Cone yesterday. Mmmmmmmmm.

Fancy that, an ice cream i haven't heard of..

It's basically a cornetto but bigger.
    cornetto-king-cone-vanille-16x-260-ml.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah googled there, probably have seen them about but never noticed the size..

Well they are especially nice in weather like this. You need to get them home quick though.

Eat on the go, i've little patience :D

Fair enough. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Sunny Day Eire! It's still Saturn Day here on the Pacific at half-past 5PM on a lovely blue sky with white poofy clouds day.

Happy Sunday Swan, hope you're enjoying the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Black Swan wrote: »
    Happy Sunny Day Eire! It's still Saturn Day here on the Pacific at half-past 5PM on a lovely blue sky with white poofy clouds day.

It has been yet another El Scorchio day here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Sunday Swan, hope you're enjoying the weather.
    Hey jumper! Long time since we chatted. The weather is grand 8 time zones west of Eire, while I refuel on coffee at my favourite javahouse hotspot.

Rubecula wrote: »
    It has been yet another El Scorchio day here.
    Swannie erects giant fan, points it east towards Eire, and blows lovely weather to Rubecula.

Hiya Swannie :)

*cough cough *

you missed me Swannie I live on Ynys Mon not Ireland

• Advertisement

Hey jumper! Long time since we chatted. The weather is grand 8 time zones west of Eire, while I refuel on coffee at my favourite javahouse hotspot.
    Yes I put my nonsense talk to minimum power because I heard it's good for the environment.

I wondered where you had got too Aaron.

You having heatwave type conditions too Rube?.

Hiya Swannie :)
    How's my favourite Grem? Any Grem tales to tell? :cool:

hot enough to make me ill grem

*cough cough *

fan-gif-5.gif

How is this?
    I wondered where you had got too Aaron.
    I was going through some things, so I took a break until I was on form again.

Too flustered with the heat for my imagination Swannie :o

Rube i'm starting to really fail now, can't get sleep, well i'm worse than i usually am

*cough cough *

Oops! Swannie adjusts giant fan for Wales and turns on greater fan speed to reach Rubecula.

I am the same grem / I see jumper has a big fan following?

Oops! Swannie adjusts giant fan for Wales and turns on greater fan speed to reach Rubecula.

diolch yn fawr Swannie x

Yes I put my nonsense talk to minimum power because I heard it's good for the environment.
    But noise is lovely jumper, especially when it shouts over suburban racket. The only quiet space found in SoCal is when I sail out into the Pacific.

• Advertisement

I see jumper has a big fan following?
    My only fan following. :D
    But noise is lovely jumper, especially when it shouts over suburban racket. The only quiet space found in SoCal is when I sail out into the Pacific.
    You can sail too?

Aaron is one of the nightwalkers so he's much appreciated by me :)

Yeah i've had upset stomach (kind of) since this heat started and fatigue is really getting to me now, off next week, it will be spent with cold towels and cold drinks

How is this?
    Grand!

I was going through some things, so I took a break until I was on form again.
    Good form? That sounds like a Southern Brit expression?
    Too flustered with the heat for my imagination Swannie :o
    Too hot to write Grem Tales? How about a Grem sequel to Dante's Inferno?

I think i'd explode if i wrote about fire!!

I see jumper has a big fan following?
    Grand spin on words Rubecula. Does that mean jumper is windy at times?
    diolch yn fawr Swannie x
    Rubecula: "tá failte romhat"

**To your Welsh...Our site doesn't do Irish well, so quotation marks necessary.

Sorry the weather is messing with ye.
    Aaron is one of the nightwalkers so he's much appreciated by me :)

Yeah I've had upset stomach (kind of) since this heat started and fatigue is really getting to me now, off next week, it will be spent with cold towels and cold drinks
    Oh you!

Having to refrain from hissing at the sun.
    You know it's bad when it's so warm not even the wasps or bees are seen around.
    Grand!

Good form? That sounds like a Southern Brit expression?
    Good!

It's been used plenty down my neck of the woods for as long as I can remember. Wouldn't have a notion of the origin though.
    Life is like that sometimes though innit.

In good form/on form has been in my vocabulary for as long as i care to remember although on form very often used by commentators to describe, say, a soccer player who is playing well..

Yes it is used for dancing too. Not that I'd know *cough cough*

You can sail too?
    Lived on a ketch for a couple years in a nearby harbour. My boatmate's folks owned it, but did not use it, so we did, and it was grand. I paid half-rent and half-utilities, and it was cheaper than where I live now, about 3 miles inland from the Pacific. We did a few weekends sailing off the Pacific coast, mostly to Catalina Island. Fun!

• Advertisement

Lived on a ketch for a couple years in a nearby harbour. My boatmate's folks owned it, but did not use it, so we did, and it was grand. I paid half-rent and half-utilities, and it was cheaper than where I live now, about 3 miles inland from the Pacific. We did a few weekends sailing off the Pacific coast, mostly to Catalina Island. Fun!
    So you had the water to rock you to sleep every night.
    Was it as nice as it sounds?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement