Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Speaking of which I need to get a watch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Me phone usually does the job, but i do like a nice watch.

Yeah so does mine but I find myself constantly taking my phone out of my pocket and a watch would look nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Time is just a social construct :pac:

True, pesky real life obligations dictating we should do things when the sun is in a certain position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

time is not endless though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rubecula wrote: »
    time is not endless though.

Even if it feels like it sometimes!

Even if it feels like it sometimes!

Especially when looking at the clock.

Exactly

Yeah seems to be a common problem for people working. I have the opposite problem i feel time goes too fast when I'm working

I only really notice when i'm very tired. Other than that i feel guilty for 'wishing my life away' as the old saying goes..

• Advertisement

I should probably start wishing for time to be longer and not shorter considering i charge by the hour for my services :D

You want shorter hours, mo monayyyy

Ah you're right haha i couldn't wrap my head around that concept

Ooh just saw a fox there, pretty creatures

They are so pretty. Got to love seeing them out and about.

Gotta love night time :)

I find night time is great for the peace. Often when I'm in pain I'll go out for a walk and alone the road in the pitch black with just silence is a feeling you don't really experience any other time

Yeah, the peace is something i appreciate, there's so much constantly going on that a bit of silence is badly needed..

Yeah peace and quiet is good

• Advertisement

And tea! ;)

Ah I don't drink tea. Tried it and it wasn't for me.

Ah you know me and tea, i'll turn into a mug of it one of the days..

There's worse mugs you could be

Hah true.. Been a while since i've been caught out.

Wise Old Grem

• Advertisement

Probably more cynical

You watched or read anything good lately?.

Watched Safe on Netflix and enjoyed it. Need something new now tho to fill my time. What about you?

Oh yeah, watched a few episodes with herself.

Currently reading a book called Marina, really enjoying it..

Nice. I don't read much as i can't focus for long periods so Netflix suits me well. You any recommendations?

Not really, been listening to music moreso lately than watching anything

• Advertisement

I get you. I'm always listening to music. Great distraction when walking.

I have near constant music, work, mp3 player and spotify at home..

I think my Spotify subscription is the best money I've ever spent.

Have to say it's a great job. The daily mixes are great, bands i've forgotten about or never heard of..

Indeed I always find something I like in the Discover weekly mix as well

Still use youtube in work though

Nice that you have that option. I can't do that when I'm doing photography for obvious reasons. If I'm in the office for work experience then I'll often watch downloaded episodes or else when I'm on the way to a job.

Music is essential to me.. I once met someone who said they "were not into" music and i couldn't fathom it at all :o

Yeah i wouldn't be able to work without music. When I'm shooting or flying i always have earphones in. Helps me work better

Also keeps me calm on journeys around..

• Advertisement

Could you imagine what it would be like to travel in a car without music or radio? It would be weird.

Did it often enough as a kid, woeful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Could you imagine what it would be like to travel in a car without music or radio? It would be weird.

I do not need to imagine, and yes, it seems strange these days. one of the cars has a really poor stereo system.

Yikes. I think my generation don't realise how lucky we have it.

Had no radio in first cars, then a pox of a yoke that was switched on once and never again!

Had no radio in first cars, then a pox of a yoke that was switched on once and never again!

And i complain about the quality of my earphones sometimes.

Hahahaha it's a funny old world.

Hahahaha it's a funny old world.

It is indeed. The relentless march of progress I suppose.

When i was in London absolutely everyone seemed to have the little wireless earphones

• Advertisement

I have Bluetooth ones but they aren't truly wireless like Apple Airpods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement