Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

How's it going Ted and Grem?

Rubecula wrote: »
    shoite mate had some bad news.

Aww no Rube what's up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shpud2 wrote: »
    How's it going Ted and Grem?

Alright man, enjoy Galway?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I can not tell you just now folks, but it was a bit of a shock to the system, I am healthy enough to be peeved a bit though, hope you don't mind if we leave it at that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear that Rubes.

Ears & inbox are available if they need to be bent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No problem Rube, just in case you wanted to share. Hope you are ok..

Alright man, enjoy Galway?.

It was good. Feel like i might have overdone myself physically but I'm happy with how my day went

I can not tell you just now folks, but it was a bit of a shock to the system, I am healthy enough to be peeved a bit though, hope you don't mind if we leave it at that?

We're all here for you Rube

It's so busy around at the moment it's easy to tire tbh.

• Advertisement

Indeed Grem. Big crowd earlier in Eyre Square had me stressed out tbh.

Yeah it's hard work, i'm taking a longer route at the moment to avoid a lot of it..

Clever Grem. I didn't know it was on and it caught me by surprise

I live here so i tend to keep a close eye on all happenings and still get caught out. Beaut of a yacht down the docks at the moment

Peeve away- sometimes even that can help. In the meantime, a problem shared is a problem halved if you feel the need to share. But you know that. Take care. :)

Oh i didn't know that I would have gone down there if I knew. I managed to sorta separate myself from everything going on with music and some food thankfully. So many Spanish students

• Advertisement

Yeah a serious amount of language students here during summer

There was like a bus load of them in Limerick the other day and I thought that was a lot and then I got to Galway and there is so many.

what is it you are talking about shpud/grem?

what is it you are talking about shpud/grem?

Galway International Arts Festival in Eyre square

Galway city, how busy it is and how many students are here for the summer..

• Advertisement

Galway city, how busy it is and how many students are here for the summer..

Galway- Students- Summer- Busy.It’s been that way for a number of decades.

aha I remember being a student and going to Dublin and being so drunk until the garda shoved a gun in me ear sobered up very fast,

aha I remember being a student and going to Dublin and being so drunk until the garda shoved a gun in me ear sobered up very fast,

I hope you didn’t get gunitus :pac:

The garda had a gun? Bejaysis

I've always found armed gardai very nice to deal with.

The garda had a gun? Bejaysis

machine pistol … I had wandered into an armed robbery or something …. and with my accent and being somewhat inebriated they assumed I was trying it on I think.

Good on ya Rube, always in the adventures :pac:

I've always found armed gardai very nice to deal with.

“Any last request?”

“The Stunning singing “Brewing up a Storm”?

“A Mighty MAC with regular fries and coke?”

:P

they told me to leave in severely strong language I thought.

Connaught Irish can lead to misunderstandings.

• Advertisement

Stumbling upon a robbery, nicely done!.

There was a big fight in town one night and some security staff joined the gardai to help out, it was mental, i happened to be working so went all in.. Bottles and fists flying, ah memories

And I here with my boring life...

Did you respond in kind?

And I here with my boring life...

Not that boring. Held up by a Galway Garda dangling an AK 47, while eating a Mighty Cheese Burger and listening to Fisherman’s Bules on his MP3 player- that’s alright :P

Connaught Irish can lead to misunderstandings.

leath Sassenach leath eirennach es ar me :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I left quietly

Rubecula wrote:
    I left quietly

Best move to listen to them. Sobered you up a bit I'd say.

All that money spent on beer wasted :pac:

Fast and Furious is a stupid movie.

• Advertisement

There's loads of them too i think.

Yeah 9 now i think. I just watched the original and it was pretty dire all things considered. Watching one of the Scary Movies now while I wait for a Tinder match to text me back

Fast and Furious is a stupid movie.

but the other 7 are pretty good eh?

but the other 7 are pretty good eh?

Hit and miss really

Someone must be into them if they can so many sequels can't really see it myself but it's not my type of thing i guess.

Someone must be into them if they can so many sequels can't really see it myself but it's not my type of thing i guess.

Been going since 2001 apparently and I'd say it could reach 20 years

• Advertisement

Wow didn't realise that long!.

I know i was surprised myself.

Think Angelina Jolie was in first one. May explain why i'm pretty sure i watched it..

they make money so they carry on making them.

Think Angelina Jolie was in first one. May explain why i'm pretty sure i watched it..

I don't think so

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement