Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Rubecula wrote: »
    they make money so they carry on making them.

So much money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ho hum. Aged brain betrays me..

I was only 1 at the time so I remember none of that time. Released in Ireland 3 days after 9/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

shpudkins I never realised you were so young. but don't worry about it too much if you give it a little time you will grow out of it, lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Great range of age on boards :)

I'm a wee baby compared to some on this site including people who have been here since before i was born

I remember when all this was fields :pac:

I am in my mid sixties myself but shhh as I do not want everyone in here to know this...….. oh bugger :D

I am in my mid sixties myself but shhh as I do not want everyone in here to know this...….. oh bugger :D

I would never have thought that tbh I would have guessed forties or younger.

Grem you are thirties I'd say?

Nearly forty

• Advertisement

thanks for that shpud to be honest I have holes in my sock that are older than you lol lol

believe it or not I actually have socks that are supposedly indestructible that I have had since 1971.

Nearly forty

Would have said more early thirties. Maybe I'm just bad at this game

Indestructible socks, that is a total first for me!!

thanks for that shpud to be honest I have holes in my sock that are older than you lol lol

believe it or not I actually have socks that are supposedly indestructible that I have had since 1971.

You have socks nearly as old as my dad. I feel really young right now

Shpud2 wrote: »
    You have socks nearly as old as my dad. I feel really young right now

be happy in your youth shpud as time flies by faster and faster as you get older. no idea why though

be happy in your youth shpud as time flies by faster and faster as you get older. no idea why though

I think it's how time is relative to you. For example a year for me is 1/18 of my life but for you it is 1/60 of your life so for me it feels 3 times longer.

Indestructible socks, that is a total first for me!!

they were bought for me by my gran, to wear them for work. not seen them since but this is a link to show you I am serious

https://www.pottersofbuxton.co.uk/menswear-c8/socks-c34/mens-indestructible-broad-rib-half-hose-socks-p3002

Surely they can't be truly indestructible though?

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Surely they can't be truly indestructible though?

nothing is shpud but they do not wear out in normal use.

• Advertisement

Yay finally a chance for dinner

Yay finally a chance for dinner

what are we having grem?

A moroccan style chickpea soup.. It's very nice but maybe a tiny bit too spicy for me (i am a big wuss)

I have just finished a nice macaroni cheese with some mackerel with few bottles of ale (small size)

Ooh mac n' cheese, nice..

Ooh mac n' cheese, nice..

it was extremely tasty to be honest with you and a few years ago I would not have given it cupboard space

• Advertisement

right grem I have to go now as it is getting light here and I need some sleep

Same here!. Often would turn my nose up at things a few years back that i'll always have in the press now.

Sleep well Rube :)

I nearly did grem.

Anyone about?

• Advertisement

Just meself, busy night though i must say. How are you?

Pretty meh tonight tbh how about you?

hello folksies

Looks like we've the three musketeers tonight. How's it going Rube?

Also a bit meh. Stupid oversights in work causing hassle and annoyance but all ok again for now.

I am ok I think shpud how about your good self and the little darling grem, how are you?

Also a bit meh. Stupid oversights in work causing hassle and annoyance but all ok again for now.

Cleaning up your own oversights or other peoples?

I am ok I think shpud how about your good self and the little darling grem, how are you?

That's good to hear Rube.

I'm pretty stressed and upset tonight. Physical pain and not feeling the best keeping me up. Upset about annoying someone. Stressed about doctors and bullying that i have to face tomorrow. I've a lot on my plate

Other people Shpud. Usual shoite.. Hope things aren't as bad as you fear..

Ah unlucky Grem. Thankfully i don't have to deal with that cause i work alone. Things probably aren't as bad as i think but I'd just rather not go through the day in a doctor's surgery and a garda station you know.

• Advertisement

bullying shpud? ignore it if it is not physical if it is physical tell someone in authority, if it is someone in authority you sue them in the courts. take it easy and do not stress I try not to myself and I feel a lot better for it

bullying shpud? ignore it if it is not physical if it is physical tell someone in authority, if it is someone in authority you sue them in the courts. take it easy and do not stress I try not to myself and I feel a lot better for it

Well tbh it is too hard to ignore. Like its an everyday thing thats been going on over a year and while i have improved at dealing with it it is still quite difficult. It has gotten physical on occasion when i was subject to a gang attack but i am more than capable of handling myself in self defence and that got turned around into me attacking the bully so its a lose lose situation when its physical. They have threatened to stab me etc and yeah I'm worried but there's not much i can do. I have been to the gardai and i go to them when something serious happens but its my word against thiers and I'm just not believed. I've been confronted, accused and almost arrested for things i wasn't around for and even with a hard alibi i don't get believed so its a pointless fight I'm fighting

Phew, busy night.

*Collapses into Lair*
    What's up lads?

All quiet over here thankfully

Not as bad as last night?

Nope, things actually got done today :pac:

Good job Grem

How did you get on?.

• Advertisement

It was worse than i imagined tbh. Very stressful and tiring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement