Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rant away here sure..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Thanks Grem.
    Basically had a social thing this morning where there were lots of people and I had no one to talk to. Then i had doctor stuff and other things to sort out and had more social situations to deal with and do and I'm just tired of it all after today. Meanwhile while feeling stressed out with all the people I've felt so alone all day and the happiest I've been is when someone text me asking for weed cause it meant i had someone to talk to

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

used too many spoons today, i get that.. Happens me too. Over extend and pay for it once alone.

Yeah exactly Grem. Just feel **** now

Very hard to put yourself first. Time to do that for the night.

• Advertisement

Yeah just need time to catch up and take a break.

Don't commit to doing too many things in any one day.

I try not to. Think I have a bit of a busy day tomorrow too though.

I tend to only allow a certain amount of tasks a day for myself..

Unfortunately my things are out of my control.

• Advertisement

That's something to focus on changing in time..

Yeah it is. I may treat myself this week to counter the stress

Do it!.

Gonna do some retail therapy if i have some money left over. Hopefully the stuff I do this week will come good next week cause I want to feel good for the weekend. Terrified of it.

Mate has just become a dad, delighted for him :)

Woo!

Delighted for his good news, mama and baby are both great.

Always nice to hear good news like that

Yeah, i try to be as happy about stuff like that as i can since my head spends so much time seeking bad things

*hypocrite warning*
    Yeah you have to like you can't be negative all the time

• Advertisement

You and me both, hence trying to cling on to the good stuff.

I'd say you're a lot better at doing that then me.

There's measurement really, i guess time can help some..

I guess. I just seem to really clinge to things that are bad for me.

That's a recognised thing to do.. If i get good news i feel smiley for a minute maybe or two, if i see bad news on the net or wherever i can be down for hours.

I'm the same. It usually takes an awful lot to put me in a good mood and small things can put me in a bad mood for the day

Tis a balls but no one is alone in it..

Very true but you'd feel like it somedays

Oh hell yeah, that's why i like boards, twitter et al, loads of chatting or just lurking.

• Advertisement

I actually find having all the options makes you feel even more alone when no one is on or replying. Like i have loads of friends on snapchat but feel **** when they don't reply or talk

Oh i don't really do direct messages that much, there are comforting thing threads here, mental health pages on other sites that i can read and nod in agreement with or whatever..

Ah that's fair enough. I like to have that sort of one on one convo.

I feel attention spans are shorter than they used to be which makes it hard for some people to have sustained conversation

That's true. Makes you appreciate the people who can hold a conversation more though

I dunno, some people are able to bang on and on about feckin nothing though..

• Advertisement

True but some people are just very easy to talk to and its great. I had a person like that but unfortunately i ruined things there and we haven't talked in over a week and i miss her like hell.

Don't stress, you'll move around a lot of people as time goes on..

That's true but she was the most important person in my life and i do miss that.

Would you believe there is no one in my daily life now that was in my daily life at eighteen?.

I would

• Advertisement

Then again i'm an ould cranky bag :pac:

Also true

(Please don't hurt me)

Wouldn't dream of it Shpud

So kind Grem

I may be cranky and angry but i can show mercy...

I struggle with compassion sometimes. I can be a very cold hearted person.

Sometimes i distance because i overengage

So you get so involved that you are distanced?

I can feel my empathy dragging me into the other person's life/problems too much and i panic and turn cold..

Oh i get you now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement