Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Thanks Grem. I'd post more if my laptop allowed it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Laptop a bit tired?

Just not capable anymore. Running it too hard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah, ould age like meself

It's only about 8 months old

Yikes.

Yeah it's very basic. I need to buy a proper one

I bought well beyond my needs so my machine is still pretty good thankfully

I'll have to do that. I need something that can put up with a lot of daily abuse until I get into a dedicated photo editing PC sometime in the future

• Advertisement

I'll have to do that. I need something that can put up with a lot of daily abuse until I get into a dedicated photo editing PC sometime in the future

Start building i guess.

Can't afford to right now. My friend said he'd build me one last winter for €1000 and I nearly went for it but just couldn't afford it. Hopefully this winter when the turf is sold I'll be able to afford it.

Good investment, wouldn't know massive amounts but i used to put older units together for work..

Yeah it would be a good investment allowing me to edit my photos better. And it can be upgraded in future instead of getting a new one.

That's the thing, bits can be bought and sold as you go on

• Advertisement

Yeah that is an advantage over a laptop but I'd be using it for school as well so I need to be able to carry it around if you know what I mean. Soon I'll have my dedicated PC corner of my room though.

Ideal world having both is the job.

That's hopefully what I'll have soon enough

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Family went on vacation. They assumed I would be spending the week eating out of cans and takeout containers. I cooked dinner for myself tonight, and sent them pics as proof.

More importantly, what did you have?.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

38007977_10212311304845199_6467507336528265216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dd02b06c0087b4f4fb65e744a18e3d7c&oe=5BD33CED
    Black beans, rice, black eyed peas, ham

^^^
    Ah yes saw that on Instagram earlier.

Oh, it was good. Leftovers waiting for tortillas tomorrow

Masterchef Wolfie in the building ladies and gentlemen

I could make a cookbook. "So, You're a lazy fcuker and there's no one around to trick into cooking: Recipes that take minimal effort", by Some Guy

I'd buy it. Feeling motivated to cook now. Thinking cake.

Cake is a bit advanced for my book. There would be a whole chapter on what you can stuff into tortillas

Ah cake is easy enough. I was going to bake a cake for my ex when she came over to mine but that ended up not happening unfortunately.

One of my recipes involves instant mashed potatoes, frozen corn, and sliced turkey in a tortilla. I do like cake though

I shall bake you one.

• Advertisement

I should write that cookbook

You can do it now you're on vacation aren't you?

Vacation from job, yes. However, I have many jobs I been putting off to do around the house.

Ah I don't have that problem when on vacation. I have almost all free time at the moment.

My normal schedule means I keep putting things off until times like this. Plus, I have to look after my mother's garden

You'll be a busy man so. How long have you off?

Until next Sunday guaranteed

Not bad at all. Anything special planned?

One night of heavy drinking.

• Advertisement

Only one? :D

My thoughts exactly Shpud :P

My drinking friends are only free one night. I don't drink alone.

That's a good point Cy

Ah i see. I do like having a pint while reading a book sometimes.

Yeah, got a long history of alcoholism in my family. I try to avoid behaviors linked to it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, got a long history of alcoholism in my family. I try to avoid behaviors linked to it.

That's understandable. Would you try the alcohol free beer?

Understandable Wolf

Shpud2 wrote: »
    That's understandable. Would you try the alcohol free beer?

No, that just sound like making love in a canoe.

You're about the first person that has heard that joke too Wolf

No, that just sound like making love in a canoe.

It's actually not that bad. I like it anyway.
    You're about the first person that has heard that joke too Wolf
    I don't get it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement