Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

gramar wrote: »
    I thought you were a studious young chap who would be in the front row listening attently and avoiding the distractions of the messers, losers and ne'er do wells who occupy the back rows.

Ah no I am one of the good ones. That's why I was put at the back, so that the teacher can watch the troublemakers at the front ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Ah no I am one of the good ones. That's why I was put at the back, so that the teacher can watch the troublemakers at the front ;)

I used to sit at the front of the class in a few classes. When I say front I mean the front wall not the front row. Beyond where the teacher's desk was. A single desk and my chair and nothing but the wall 2 feet in front of me to look at. For months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning noccers *giggles*

OK so I'm out. Guess how many classes in managed today.

gramar wrote: »
    I should have known. Where would you be if you weren't here?

I brought you a glass of gin with a sprig of rosemary and you threw it on the ground. "I'm not drinking that prissy little woman drink. I want lager! I'm a real man!".

Do you not remember?

• Advertisement

I brought you a glass of gin with a sprig of rosemary and you threw it on the ground. "I'm not drinking that prissy little woman drink. I want lager! I'm a real man!".

Do you not remember?

I must have passed out after two halves of shandy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm happily drinking a Guinness here :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,774 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm happily drinking a Guinness here :)
    at 11am? very rock'n'roll! :D :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »
    at 11am? very rock'n'roll! :D :pac:

The only people I've ever seen drink guinness at that hour were auld farmers.

Pints after work.. Hard earned i tells ye!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Pints after work.. Hard earned i tells ye!.

You work nights, you can damned well have a drink after work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never been a fan of Guinness, which seems to surprise some of the non-Irish people I talk to. I find it to be quite a heavy drink really.

Never forget that Canadian cafe butchering a pint though :pac:
    railtown3.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

What's drinking age in Vancouver?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fathom wrote: »
    What's drinking age in Vancouver?

19, which seems like an odd age.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Angron wrote: »
    19, which seems like an odd age.
    Cool. When States is 21. :D

Cool. When States is 21. :D

Well it depends on the province in Canada. It's 18 in Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba, 19 everywhere else.

Varies by Province? Like States before Reagan.

Yup, each province gets to decide the legal age themselves, rather than on a national level.

Yup, each province gets to decide the legal age themselves, rather than on a national level.
    Ireland counties?

Heh, I don't think I'd trust any county council to try and decide something like that :pac:

• Advertisement

Heh, I don't think I'd trust any county council to try and decide something like that :pac:

Could you imagine what the Healy Raes would decide?

Ireland is national? Like US drinking age? Apologies. I'm born & raised So Cal. :o

Ireland is national? Like US drinking age? Apologies. I'm born & raised So Cal. :o

Lucky so and so.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Lucky so and so.
    Yo Shannon! Sunny 3:30. 70 degrees. Wind gusts. Seagulls soaring.

It is yeah, legal drinking age is 18 across the board here.

Yo Shannon! Sunny 3:30. 70 degrees. Wind gusts. Seagulls soaring.

Lucky so and so

It is yeah, legal drinking age is 18 across the board here.
    Books flight to Ireland! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never been a fan of Guinness, which seems to surprise some of the non-Irish people I talk to. I find it to be quite a heavy drink really.

Never forget that Canadian cafe butchering a pint though :pac:
    railtown3.png

That is one badly poured pint!

It's an atrocity honestly made me argh..

• Advertisement

It's an atrocity honestly made me argh..

Another atrocity is "St Patty's Day"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement