Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on Fat and Weight Loss Please

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think I get it...by not putting the lemon in with the water, you're cutting the calories of the lemon water so that it's basically negative calories.

No, by putting the lemon water in the fridge there is less room in the fridge for cake and pie. It is indeed genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Blacktie. wrote: »
    if your drinking is as a total replacement for all fluids over a long time you can expect: enamel wear on your teeth (maybe use straw just in case), potential increased heart burn and over the long term IBS or other stomach or bowel issues due to the PH as well as GERD symptoms and dehydration- dehydration over the long term causing kidney and gallbladder issues. sounds super healthy!

How would replacing water with water with a lemon in it dehydrate you?
    lemon juice is a diuretic, more than 14 oz a day is considered to much, replacing all the water you drink with water and lemon juice can dehydrate you if done on a long term basis and can **** up your kidneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

lemon juice is a diuretic, more than 14 oz a day is considered to much, replacing all the water you drink with water and lemon juice can dehydrate you if done on a long term basis and can **** up your kidneys.

I really doubt this is true. Sounds like pretty much the same thing as saying coffee is dehydrating. I mean the rest of the posters point is way off but saying it dehydrates you just seems rediculous to me. I can't see water becoming the opposite of what it's meant to do because of a bit of lemon in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No one is squeezing the lemon into the water and certainly not 14 oz of it.

The lemon just sits in the water to impart some flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

No one is squeezing the lemon into the water and certainly not 14 oz of it.

The lemon just sits in the water to impart some flavour.
    theres a huge difference sorry, my reading from the post was that its the lemon juice diet (the get a healthy glow and lose weight fad)  which is squeezing the lemon into the water, sorry i misread it.
    its the same as the hot water and a squeeze of lemon in the morning, all supposed to be wonderful but ruins your stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

latest?cb=20130820172743
    The only lemons that work come from this tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think that lemon diuretic stuff is just one of those health myths. Like the majority of the stuff circulated around FB and the likes.

For a start you get a just few tablespoons of juice out of a lemon. 14 oz is almost a pint of juice. Sure a pint of straight lemon juice will probably upset the ph balance of your stomach. But nobody is drinking it straight. Lemon juice in drinks is hardly a new thing.

Also a diuretic isn't something that dehydrates you. A diuretic increases urine output. And some lemon juice might do that. But a few mls of extra urine is cancelled by the litres of water drank with it.
    In the same way that alcohol/caffeine is a diuretic but a beer/coffee is net hydrating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Mellor wrote: »
    I think that lemon diuretic stuff is just one of those health myths. Like the majority of the stuff circulated around FB and the likes.

For a start you get a just few tablespoons of juice out of a lemon. 14 oz is almost a pint of juice. Sure a pint of straight lemon juice will probably upset the ph balance of your stomach. But nobody is drinking it straight. Lemon juice in drinks is hardly a new thing.

Also a diuretic isn't something that dehydrates you. A diuretic increases urine output. And some lemon juice might do that. But a few mls of extra urine is cancelled by the litres of water drank with it.
    In the same way that alcohol/caffeine is a diuretic but a beer/coffee is net hydrating.
    It worked for me just saying.

Tip for Weight loss going walking 7 days/nights a week for 1 hour our more and keep it up.

Tip for Weight loss going walking 7 days/nights a week for 1 hour our more and keep it up.

Do they have to bring lemons on the walk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It worked for me just saying.
    It worked how? Dehydrated you, I doubt it.
    I'm not sure you understood my post.

Move the more you move the more you lose . tip for Weight Loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Do they have to bring lemons on the walk?

You have to cut the skins off the lemons and glue them to the soles of your feet. If you want to burn an extra 150kcal just keep saying 'lemon' every two steps.

Move the more you move the more you lose . tip for Weight Loss.

It's lemon-entry, my dear Watson.

Get out and clean your cars in Ireland most of the cars are `filthy dirty. So every week get out and clean your car if you have one inside and outside. burn some calories do it move it tip for Weight Loss.

Cut out butter on bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Get out and clean your cars in Ireland most of the cars are `filthy dirty. So every week get out and clean your car if you have one inside and outside. burn some calories do it move it tip for Weight Loss.

Burn the car :) 2 birds 1 stone.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Burn the car :) 2 birds 1 stone.
    ahahahah Very funny.:):D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Did you do this? Or did you just drink lemon wateR? Which worked better for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are you from this planet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Stop posting in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you from this planet?

"Tip for weight LOSS GO to other planet or moon and float AROUND and keep it up".

Advertisement