Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on Fat and Weight Loss Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Lads again sorry - I had 125g of steamed chicken 210 approx and - 150g of whole wheat pasta - Approx 200 cal online ? Is that right I thought it would be 300! So confused with weighing lol
    okay was it 150g cooked or uncooked and what does it say on the bag?
    i weigh mine cooked, 40g cooked so i know, it should say it on the bag...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

I don't think 150g of pasta is only 200cal? This much:

makaron-swiderki-szklanka-90g.jpg

is 90g and has 311kcal. Pasta (regardless of whether it's wholemeal or regular) is usually around 340kcal. Unless you've sourced a low-cal pasta, in which case do share the brand :D

I'm 5.7'' and a few stone lighter than you but after my pregnancies I was at 20 stone. If I ate 2000kcal I'd never lose it. What worked for me was My Fitness Pal, which a lot of people here recommended to you already and 1200kcal. I know it's not enough to you but I'm sure once you start weighing your food and go a bit lower than 2000 you'll start losing. I went for 1200 to have a bit of a margin for logging inaccuracies so maybe if you aim for 1700, you will be closer to it being actual 2000 than when you aim for 2000? Also, remember that calories printed on boxes are not always precise, there is a tolerance margin and so it all ends up at the end of the day.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Lads again sorry - I had 125g of steamed chicken 210 approx and - 150g of whole wheat pasta - Approx 200 cal online ? Is that right I thought it would be 300! So confused with weighing lol

Calories are for raw amounts. I had pasta last night and 70g (raw) was 250 calories. I went by the information on the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not to open up that discussion again, but I'd say weighing uncooked is probably more important for the likes of pasta as it can vary because of cooking time. Not probably not going to make or break a deficit on it's own, but it would be a good habit to get into imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Mellor wrote: »
    Did you weigh the pasta dry or cooked?
    I'm guessing it was cooked (as 150g dry is a lot).
    You are better off weighing it dry, as you'll get an accurate quantity. The cooked pasta will get heavier as you cook it longer. But the calories aren't changing

Sorry it was 125 g dry cause I had half of it ! So many calories would 125 be every website says different :(

• Advertisement

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Calories are for raw amounts. I had pasta last night and 70g (raw) was 250 calories. I went by the information on the packet.

Jaysus thats so many calories ! I guess its cause pasta swells, thanks !

How do you upload a pic without a link from your iphone on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

OP, how much water are you drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sorry it was 125 g dry cause I had half of it ! So many calories would 125 be every website says different :(

Best thing to do is scan the barcode and see do the nutrition details match those on the packet. Most foods on mfp are per 100g so just adjust the serving to match so 125g would be 1.25 100g servings.

OP, how much water are you drinking?

Was drinking 1/1.5 a day upped it to 2/2.5 Sunday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You are miscounting something.
    125g pasta is 450 calories
    But half of 150g is 75g

So it's still not clear how much you are asking about. Pasta is around 360 per 100g. The exact figure will be on the side of the packet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

seefin wrote: »
    I'm 5 ft, just under 8 stone and am eating 2100 and not gaining. Im actually increasing calories every week to see how high I can push it without starting to gain..aiming for 2500 calories. I'm pretty active admittedly but not excessively so. So yeah a woman can eat well over 2000 calories a day ,even a midget like me!

But you are active like you said. For a 5 ft woman to eat that and not put on weight you need to be exercising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

True but based on my rmr ,even if sedentary, I should be eating 1800 a day , so a sedentary female who:s 10 stone could easily be eating 2000 just to maintain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Drink plenty of Water and walk move your a**.

Move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Are you replying to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

seefin wrote: »
    I'm 5 ft, just under 8 stone and am eating 2100 and not gaining. Im actually increasing calories every week to see how high I can push it without starting to gain..aiming for 2500 calories. I'm pretty active admittedly but not excessively so. So yeah a woman can eat well over 2000 calories a day ,even a midget like me!

:eek:

I'm just under 5ft and weigh 8 stone. I would gain on 1,700 calories. I'm so jealous of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :eek:

I'm just under 5ft and weigh 8 stone. I would gain on 1,700 calories. I'm so jealous of you!!

Same here I'm kissing 5ft and my maintenance is no where near 2000 or above and I run and lift... super jealous !

Cut up a Lemon and buy a large glass jug and fill it up with water ever day. Put the jug of water and lemon into the fridge and do this 7 days a week great for keep weight off stops you from eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Cut up a Lemon and buy a large glass jug and fill it up with water ever day. Put the jug of water and lemon into the fridge and do this 7 days a week great for keep weight off stops you from eat.

How is this any different from just water?

• Advertisement

Simple answer to your question. Some people do not like the `taste of plain water. With this drink there is no sugar . ice cool `refreshing water with really lemon fantastic for weight loss and your skin complexion .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It speeds up your metabolism with the increased bullshjte involved

you might like taste of stale water from the tap .:P

Simple answer to your question. Some people do not like the `taste of plain water. With this drink there is no sugar . ice cool `refreshing water with really lemon fantastic for weight loss and your skin complexion .
    Let's say I eat my maintenance calories precisely each day.
    How does drinking water on top of that make you lose weight? With or without lemon in it?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Let's say I eat my maintenance calories precisely each day.
    How does drinking water on top of that make you lose weight? With or without lemon in it?
    Just think of what you just said to me just there?:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

So was there any reason you suggested lemon water rather than plain water which was the question I asked?

Is it a flavour preference meaning mint, lime, lemon, cucumber etc would do or lemon in particular?

Just think of what you just said to me just there?:confused:.

How does one lose weight on top of that?? You know what I mean

How does one lose weight on top of that?? You know what I mean
    :confused: I never said about eating food any where in my post did I?

:confused: I never said about eating food any where in my post did I?

This thread is about tips on losing weight. Your suggestion was to drink water with lemon in it. I was just curious as to how water does this?

• Advertisement

This thread is about tips on losing weight. Your suggestion was to drink water with lemon in it. I was just curious as to how water does this?
    did you ever try this tip I posted ?:confused:

Advertisement