Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Tallaght hospital, where to rent?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I work in tallaght hospital and i moved to ireland just recently. Need urgent help as i need an apt. To rent for my wife and infant son .
    I heard the area around tallaght is not safe. Can anyone please recommend me a family friendly (safe) area anywhere in 10 kms of tallaght?
    Any help would be highly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ToonArmy89

What is your budget and do you drive/own a car

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ana.ie

ToonArmy89 wrote: »
    What is your budget and do you drive/own a car
    My budget is upto 1450 and yes i own+ drive my car

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ana.ie wrote: »
    I heard the area around tallaght is not safe.
    Tallaght is a big place. Generally, the eastern areas are nicer.

Expect to spend €1,100 + utilities on a 1-bed property or €1,400 + utilities on a 2-bed or you can spend a lot move in Templeogue or Terenure.

Check out www.daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ana.ie

sugarman wrote: »
    Tallaght is extremely safe, like all places it has it does have its bad areas. Namely the council estates beyond the Square, Jobstown, Fettercairn etc..

Look at areas like Oldbawn/Seskinview/Millbrook, Firhouse, Kilnamanagh, Kingswood. All nice mature areas, safe with plenty of amenities near by.

I am new in dublin. And i checked those that u mentioned. Either too expensive or no accomodation...i also checked terenure and templelogue,...there is no apartment less than 1800 per month. Thats why i was fine with staying anywhere in 10kms of the hospital as long as the place is safe for my family.
    So tired of searching every name google maps shows me :(

Ana.ie wrote: »
    I am new in dublin. And i checked those that u mentioned. Either too expensive or no accomodation...i also checked terenure and templelogue,...there is no apartment less than 1800 per month. Thats why i was fine with staying anywhere in 10kms of the hospital as long as the place is safe for my family.
    So tired of searching every name google maps shows me :(

Listings go up and down very quickly - you should set up an email alert on Daft so that you are notified whenever a property within your budget goes up in an area you are interested. If you just check periodically you might miss places, and you really need to be one of the first people to contact the LL about an ad to have a chance of viewing it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

There are several large apartment blocks at the front gate of the hospital. Dont know about price but look up belgard square. Perfectly safe. On the Luas, at your job, perfect.

Terenure and templeogue you can forget about. Way to expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

I have worked in Tallaght in the past commuting from Blessington (20 minutes). Very nice town. Worth checking out but maybe less property available to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Tallaght is the size of our third 'biggest city' you'll find good and bad. Plenty of nice places to live in tallaght and the rents can a bit lower in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

https://m.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/the-courthouse-apartments7-rathcoole-dublin/3935542

15 minutes drive to tallaght hospital.

Has a small village close by. City west shopping centre. Which has luas line to city centre and tallaght hospital .

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

https://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/st-johns-crescent-clondalkin-dublin/3973156

Nice little house not far from the park, handy to get to Tallaght hospital from too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The hospital may have a notice board with available accommodation - any i worked in did. Call into the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ToonArmy89

There is one on Hunters Green and another in Parklands that would be within budget on Daft from what I can see and both would be a short distance from Tallaght Hospital and the area would be relatively quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Did a search there with your criteria and 6 places came up..... (one of them mentions they have a selections of properties) All in perfectly fine areas...

Daft Search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/clondalkin/rosebank-clondalkin-dublin-1735468/
    Why focus on Tallaght,.,,,Clondalkin village (not to be mistaken with less desirable parts) is a lovely location...beautiful village...very central...less than 10 mins from Tallaght hospital..access to M50...see attached apartment to rent...2 parking spaces...in centre of the village

Advertisement